Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my Outlaw 525 on ebay today. The new owner pushed buy it now at 6500.00 bones. The cool thing is he lives REALY close to me. So he will pick it up in the morning.

AND THE NEW PLAN IS TO BUILD A STOCK BORE AND STROKE RAPTOR. Im going to build a 700 to the hilt for a duner with in frame pipes. I will shoot for 65 + hp and 60 + ftlbs torque. I will make these kits available in about 30 days. The kit will come with all the parts (piston, cam, pipes, filter, controler with map, and ported head) for one low price. Also if you have any of these parts already they can be deleted out of the kit and price. I will have prices posted by this weekend. And if you guys want to get on a list just let me know.

Mike
Sand Demons Motorsports
530 832 1065

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds cool 8) keep us posted!

·
Registered
511 Posts
How can u get 65 hp at the wheels i presume?. what type of piston cam and or combo u thinkin of that might push 65 hp? just wondering. i have a good setup and i need a better map and ill probably get i am thinking maybe 62 63 hp but just wondering what combo gives those results with stock bore and stroke.

Thanks Sparky....

ps ... not questioning u .. just wondering about my build and what max hp i can pull out of it..

Capt.

·
Registered
123 Posts
captnkllm said:
How can u get 65 hp at the wheels i presume?. what type of piston cam and or combo u thinkin of that might push 65 hp? just wondering. i have a good setup and i need a better map and ill probably get i am thinking maybe 62 63 hp but just wondering what combo gives those results with stock bore and stroke.

Thanks Sparky....

ps ... not questioning u .. just wondering about my build and what max hp i can pull out of it..

Capt.
in a dif thread he said he dynod 62 HP with a 700 with an 11:1 piston, web stage 3 cam, race port, & LTEs. race porting and a stage 3 cam will probably be a nice chunk of $$ though but youll def get what you pay for with that type of a build

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont take this the wrong way but I would have to see the porting you have. And I think you could gain with a better pipe.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Sounds good :thumbsup: Keep us informed on the prices..

·
Registered
511 Posts
sparky yfz said:
Dont take this the wrong way but I would have to see the porting you have. And I think you could gain with a better pipe.
i will keep it in mind.

anxious to see the build on this. Thanks for your fast response... do you sleep? :grin_nod:

Capt.

·
Registered
511 Posts
sparky yfz said:
from 12:00pm to 6:30am I have to stay on schedual Im old HAHA
Funny thing is.. the older i get i keep thinkin it aint old lol :lol: 35 now :thumbsup: but still no schedule

·
Registered
912 Posts
i can't wait for the prices. i plan on keeping my sparks exhaust so the price should be a little cheaper for me. 8)

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Sparky can do it- hes our man- if he cant do it no one can :fruity:
No really, Im 55 at the wheels(and they are knobbies) with a stock cam and my porting so If hes got a :burnout: cam profile and dyno tires 65 could happen :beer:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Sparky, are you planning on doing an exchange program for the heads?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Diddly said:
I will try but Im having a hard time finding cores. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and buy a couple new heads for cores.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sparky, Wheres your shop?

·
Registered
305 Posts
sparky yfz said:
Diddly said:
I will try but Im having a hard time finding cores. Maybe I will just bite the bullet and buy a couple new heads for cores.
I know the cores are important to me and probley alot of others. I know personally thats why a few of my firends went to trinity for big bores. Just due to time.
They have the whole kit in stock and you can finish the bike in one day. When i built a raptor it took 3-4 weeks to send everything out to machine shops and then get them back. I did have more done but still when they see that machine shops have a 2-3 week wait and it always turns out to be a little more, for some un forseen reason. Its nice to ride you bike until the parts actually show up then to the swap quick and your back on the road.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Time has been a big issue with some of the machine shops I deal with. I will see what I can do on cores. The only thing is I have to charge you a core untill your head gets back to me.

My shop is in Portola Ca. I just got a new building about 1.5 miles out of town so I can dyno without any noise problems.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hey sparky can you do me a favor and delete those race comment posts in that one thread. I apoligize for even bringing it up. My fault. Man enough to take blame. No pss in me. Seems like lots are takin things the wrong way though and dont understand. Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
sparky yfz said:
The only thing is I have to charge you a core untill your head gets back to me.
im not sure how other feel but Core charge has never been a problem with me. I mean even people that short on cash sould be able to put it on credit card and still return the core and get that washed charged out.
Personally i think you should keep the core charge high to get people to return the cores faster so others in line wont have to wait so long. It keeps the cycle going quicker which is better for you and the customer.
People should still be able to send in their core ahead of time and you turn around the same or next day and send out a finished core that you have on your self. This would avoid core cost for the customer and still save alot of time. If you have some already done locals could bring in cores when they pick up.
There should still be ways to avoid core costs for the customer and still save time. I would keep core costs high tho to keep the cycle going. There really shouldnt be alot of reasons if any at all why a high core charge should be a problem to customers. Unless they dont plan on returning them or plan on returning them 2 months later. Which in those cases its better they just send their own core and wait the 3-4 weeks anyways. Hope this helps your biz. JIM

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ice4me said:
Hey sparky can you do me a favor and delete those race comment posts in that one thread. I apoligize for even bringing it up. My fault. Man enough to take blame. No pss in me. Seems like lots are takin things the wrong way though and dont understand. Thanks
Does he even have the power to do that? I think your asking the wrong person.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts