Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i wooped four different Polaris Outlaws today. I raced them more times than i can count and i beat them 9 times out of ten. They all had aftermarket pipes, but other mods i am unsure of. I only have a duncan full pipe, edelbrock sigle carb, and some kind of CDI. This was in sand and the tires would not hook up till about third gear. I was pretty hyped about this since the outlaw guys were talking so much shit. just thought id share my story. later. Dave.

·
Registered
177 Posts
you can get a single carb conversion???were they 500's????? cool what kind of paddles were you running??

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Lol, you were running Razrs?!?! Imagine if you had real paddles. That is hilarious. Does the single carb work better?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the sand where i ride is kinda packed down, but can be real loose in some spots. i was diggin quite a hole with them razr's at the start.lol As for the single carb goes ive heard good and bad things about em but i like it. Not as hard to jet and easy to mess with. Paddles are on there way im excited to see how much of a difference they make.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I almost bought the edelbrock single carb conversion for my 660 but everyone kept telling me to stay away. I ended up going another route which worked in the long run.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Teraflx said:
I almost bought the edelbrock single carb conversion for my 660 but everyone kept telling me to stay away. I ended up going another route which worked in the long run.
That wouldn't be a single fuel injector, would it? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I rode a brand new 525 outlaw the other day and the only thing i was impressed with was the ride quality and cornering with the IRS

·
Registered
735 Posts
grab a carb off the rhino or griz if you want a single. question is would that be a "Cheaper" way... Id be willing to get just the manifold and put a slightly smaller single on, I have a few sitting around, Carbs a carb right? One is from a quadzilla, a few from misc Utes, One from my old 250r, will any of these work? Id modify the manifold to fit if need be.?.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Teraflx said:
What did you use?

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
danos660r said:
grab a carb off the rhino or griz if you want a single. question is would that be a "Cheaper" way... Id be willing to get just the manifold and put a slightly smaller single on, I have a few sitting around, Carbs a carb right? One is from a quadzilla, a few from misc Utes, One from my old 250r, will any of these work? Id modify the manifold to fit if need be.?.
I'm tired and my brain is dead, but I think the grizz has a different head with a single intake for the single carb. Could be wrong, been a while since I looked at a grizz.

Carb is not a carb, at least not much of the time. I'd wager a guess that all that you listed, even if they fit, wouldn't be an upgrade from stock. You need a mid to upper 40's mm single to get close to OEM flow.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Just raced two different LTR 450s. We were equally modded and on equal ground. It came down to who left first everytime. If he left early, i could usually close the gap. I was running a 12 tooth sprocket though. Shoulda waited a day to change it...

at the end of it, it was a rider's race.

·
Registered
735 Posts
the rhino manifold fits fine on my raptor, just didnt feel like messing with jetting the carb right etc. May play with the idea when I get around to it using the rhino carb and just getting it jetted right

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Hmm, thought the ports didn't line up or something like that, guess I've been mistaken.

Some people have used a TM45 or 48 on a single manifold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.