What would be a good price for a 700r b/c i found one for 4950

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it is like perfect condition it has 27 hours and like 250 mile on it so it is pretty close to new

·
Registered
46 Posts
i payed 4300 from a stealership....got them to throw in 2 year fact warranty and a new set of rear tires mounted....from what i found before i bought it, it seemed like a pretty decent deal..mine had a lil more miles and hrs

·
Registered
594 Posts
I paid $2800 for my '08 SE and it's in great shape. Take your time and wait for the right deal, and don't be afarid to negotiate. Start low and work your way up, and having cash in hand always helps when bargaining for a great. Usually the sight if lots of cash makes the buyer week in the knees.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I paid $2800 for my '08 SE and it's in great shape. Take your time and wait for the right deal, and don't be afarid to negotiate. Start low and work your way up, and having cash in hand always helps when bargaining for a great. Usually the sight if lots of cash makes the buyer week in the knees.
ill pass on a 2800 08...ya get what ya pay for...allthough there are good deals to be had out there just to few and far between..........2 weeks after i bought mine i found a 06 for my buddie....3500 still had the tits on the factory tires and not even 1 scratch on the frame or plastics, amazing!!!!had yosh pipe pc3 and intake..

·
Registered
542 Posts
almost 5 seems a little high. That machine now is 3 years old pretty much.
I just paid $2,000 for my 06 less than 2 weeks ago.

·
Bearing the Burden of Proof
77 Posts
Wow, some of you really know how to find the deals. I was more than happy to pay $4200 (the guy was asking $5200) for my bone stock '08 this last march. Granted, it was incredibly close to new (not even a scratch on the bottom of the A-arms). It also didn't hurt that I was able to get $2700 for my '01 660 which was in pretty good shape, but again, mostly stock aside from bumper, nerfs, 6-pack, skids and a white bros slip-on. That being said, a good friend of mine would love to buy an 07-08 raptor and pay under $3k for it, but it appears as though these things go for a higher dollar here in Colorado.

·
Registered
594 Posts
ill pass on a 2800 08...ya get what ya pay for...allthough there are good deals to be had out there just to few and far between..........2 weeks after i bought mine i found a 06 for my buddie....3500 still had the tits on the factory tires and not even 1 scratch on the frame or plastics, amazing!!!!had yosh pipe pc3 and intake..
I call BS, if you'd had the same oppertunity I had, you would have pulled the trigger. No need to hate because I got a smokin deal. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Scuba Steve you cleaned house when you sold your '01. Good job man! 8)

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Wow, some of you really know how to find the deals. I was more than happy to pay $4200 (the guy was asking $5200) for my bone stock '08 this last march. Granted, it was incredibly close to new (not even a scratch on the bottom of the A-arms). It also didn't hurt that I was able to get $2700 for my '01 660 which was in pretty good shape, but again, mostly stock aside from bumper, nerfs, 6-pack, skids and a white bros slip-on. That being said, a good friend of mine would love to buy an 07-08 raptor and pay under $3k for it, but it appears as though these things go for a higher dollar here in Colorado.
I got my 09 had 25hrs 268 milles with barkers,quiet cores, pc3,fci intake,razors,hot cam3,monster grafics and shockcovers for $5000 in august in colorado.

·
Registered
44 Posts
beat everyone :)

I bought my 09 700r for 7 g's from the dealership and then bought an exhaust, front end, sand tires, etc. Etc. To make it look "awesome" and my total today dislike 12500 ;) oooppps Haha I love it though and I know what's been done to it, :p (joking about the beating you part by the way for you non-sarcastic people)

·
Bearing the Burden of Proof
77 Posts
I got my 09 had 25hrs 268 milles with barkers,quiet cores, pc3,fci intake,razors,hot cam3,monster grafics and shockcovers for $5000 in august in colorado.
I would consider that a dang good deal!!! I definitely have quite a bit more than $5000 in my '08 now considering after I paid $4200 I added: DMC Force 4's, Pro Design Intake, PC3, Dynatek non-progammable ignition, Tusk Bumper, UM Nerfs w/ Heel Guards, Full skids, 1 1/8 Pro Taper Contour Bars with Golden West Clamp, Hipertech 3 Wheels with XRex tires, billet gas cap, billet case saver, and shock covers.

At least I found some of the stuff used, but anyhow....I'd say you got a good deal!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
would it make a difference that it is a 09 se

·
Registered
594 Posts
KBB says it worth $5280, keep in mind KBB and NADA are just guides. Their prices are not set in stone and they vary depending on what part of the country you're in.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea im in michigan and with the horrable economy i think it should be more in the 4500 range also you have any imput on what a good package deal would be because he has a honda 700xx for sale to that i like that is an 08

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I would consider that a dang good deal!!! I definitely have quite a bit more than $5000 in my '08 now considering after I paid $4200 I added: DMC Force 4's, Pro Design Intake, PC3, Dynatek non-progammable ignition, Tusk Bumper, UM Nerfs w/ Heel Guards, Full skids, 1 1/8 Pro Taper Contour Bars with Golden West Clamp, Hipertech 3 Wheels with XRex tires, billet gas cap, billet case saver, and shock covers.

At least I found some of the stuff used, but anyhow....I'd say you got a good deal!! :thumbsup:
Oh yah it had billet gas cap and case saver too. I have put 12"led light bar, hipers, drd reverse, red head light covers ... so much ive lost track. Got the sickness

·
Registered
594 Posts
yea im in michigan and with the horrable economy i think it should be more in the 4500 range also you have any imput on what a good package deal would be because he has a honda 700xx for sale to that i like that is an 08
The most important thing when making big purchases is that you're comfortable with the purchase price. If you feel that the Raptor is only worth $4500, than make that your offer.

Like I said earlier book values are only a guideline. The true value in any item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Use KBB and NADA to get an idea of what the Honda is worth, then figure out what it's worth to you or how much you want to spend. Then make your offer, but stick to your number. Buyers often get emotionally attached to something they want to buy before they even own it, this is what causes people to pay more than they wanted to, so again stick to your number. It's important to not be in a hurry and wait for the deal that's right for you. That being said, it seems like you have something in your favor on this deal. It's off season so, it's usually easier to negotiate a better deal, i.e. buying a boat in the winter vs the summer, it's the same with snowmobiles, motorcycles, most ATV's, etc...
In addition the seller is more likely to negotiate a better deal since your buying both ATV's at the same time.

Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
I call BS, if you'd had the same oppertunity I had, you would have pulled the trigger. No need to hate because I got a smokin deal. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Scuba Steve you cleaned house when you sold your '01. Good job man! 8)
so lets get this straight.....the original poster asked if said price was good for a 09...then you post how cheap you got a 08 for....then several posts later say that it was basically a right place right time steal???wow sooo helpfull.... talk about bs im not a cowboy i dont have that tall of boots on!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
WTF are you talking about cowboy?

I shared what I paid with the OP so he could see that there are killer deals out there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts