Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well i was Racing on Sunday in a Mudfest and i manged to get it caked enough that the temp light came on, i only ran about 10 more mins takin it easy before callin it quits, The Quad still fires and runs Great but i did notice my coolent resevior had collapsed a bit, i guess from the suction pressure...anyway im sure it will pop itself back out but should i worry about anything else since it managed 2 get that hot?....the Oil and coolent still look and smell fine, and theres no ridability problems but just checkin with everyone else on this 1...thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
10 min? You're fine as long as you didn't run the hell out of it for those 10 min. If you pretty much limped it around, you're alright. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i wasnt more than 1/4 throttle mid revs, i didnt pin it or rev the crap outta it at all.....as i said im pretty sure its alright, just wanted 2 get any feedback on anything else i could check

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Maybe change your oil? Never can be to sure.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ive had my light come on before and i kept riding, when i went faster it cooled down and went off... but that was almost a year ago and i havent had any problems

·
Registered
337 Posts
its probably better that you rode it lightly for a while to get some air in the radiator and ran cooler coolant through the engine instead of killing it and letting it steam with hot coolant inside the motor.

·
Registered
243 Posts
these things heat up quick when the fan quits working, i had to take mine down and they replaced the CDI box i beleive it was

1 - 8 of 8 Posts