Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I'm bone stock, I could go a little over the $600 if I had to. I also have a $75 gift card to the local Yamaha shop where I got my machine, so I'll most likely spend it all at Yamaha, so I'm close to $700. I'm thinking either a full GYT-R exhaust system, or a slip-on, skid plate and filter kit. Hmmmm..... What to do???

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know this doesn't sound glamorous but I would go with swing arm and engine skid plates and anything else in that order. You want to protect yourself first.

·
Registered
202 Posts
it depends where you ride... if all that protection stuff isnt that neccessary defintly get a pipe and air filter kit

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Ditto.

Skid plates are a must. Nothing like having a foreign object go through that sturdy piece of factory plastic your bike came with and busting into your case. Chassis skid, a-Arm skids (unless you are changing your a-arms out soon), and a swingarm skid are well worth the money.

Second a programmer, and then an exhaust, but that's just my two cents.

~Brian

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I agree depending on where you ride protection first.

Here is what I would do for what its worth (not worth much lol)

Pro-peg nerfs $225
Swing-arm and chassis Skid $225
Front bumper $100

Spend your gift card at dealer for the GYTR A-Arm guards $75

$50 left to take that special someone to dinner for letting you spend all that money lol :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
bberck said:
I agree depending on where you ride protection first.

Here is what I would do for what its worth (not worth much lol)

Pro-peg nerfs $225
Swing-arm and chassis Skid $225
Front bumper $100

Spend your gift card at dealer for the GYTR A-Arm guards $75

$50 left to take that special someone to dinner for letting you spend all that money lol :thumbsup:
What bberck said.... PRICELESS! Mastercard aint got nothin on you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
if i were you,i'd get the a-arm and chassis skid, for 225.00
and then the pcIII , how much is it? i think 275ish? then you'll get some more power, and protection, drop the lid,arrestor and and then you still have 100 left over, and the gift card, and can get what ever floats your boat with the extra.....i don't see nerfs and bumpers as must have 1st items, they are must have at some point, but not 1st to me,.. i'd rather have protection, then some extra power,......but if you really can't decide, send me the 600 and i'll make up my mind real quick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
HELL I will take an extra $600. LMAO no man like everybody else said go with protection. Dont do what i did and crack both your crank cases. I didnt have a skid plate. Im still trying to recover. LMAO $1200 later and thats not including labor. yeah so go with protection. later man WOODY

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
CASE CLOSED! No pun intended! :lol:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Skid plates..

From 1 aker to another..

It's the first thing I bought and I put them to use..

·
Registered
134 Posts
Get rid off the bumber bro. That plastic peace of crap has gotta go. It looks like shit. Otherwise skids(all around), PCIII and GYTR filter kit.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nerf's $200,
Chassis skid $110
PCIII $260
Oil and filter $20

·
Registered
912 Posts
I bought skids before anything else. First night out on the 700 and I hit a big rock, scared the shit out me so the next day I bought skids. 8)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts