Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got a velocity intake on trade n decided to give it a try... now IV got three hoses I dunno wat to do with.... one went into the air box lid (from the crank case i think?)n the other two come out of the carbs. One out of each an into each intake tube...

Now my question is... wat do I do with these hoses since I have nothing to to plug em into? Get little breather filters n plug them in to each hose?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I have a gytr intake but my crankcase breather just hangs out. I put a small one way check valve on it. The other two from the hoses to the carbs are still there. Mine uses the same tubes from the box to the carbs. Yours dont?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Ya i just looked it up. Im suprised they dont put a nipple in the tubes so you can hook them back up.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah thats the problem with that intake kit. I know a few members on here getting there quads to run right with that kit.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Those fittings on the carbs are breathers for the back of the slide diaphragms. I would put small breather filters on those and the PCV hose just to be safe.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Yes that's the one he is talking about. Posotive crankcase ventilation hose.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh ok. I actually bought 3 of those lil filters for the hoses. I just wanted to be sure it was ok to do it that way......

SOO. Wat about jetting? Any recommendations? IV got an hmf pipe stock header...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The vent hose for the carb diaphrams is supose to be a certian length. Also the tubes are made up of metal so they will transfer more heat from the hot air around the engine to the intake air. The stock rubber hoses insulates against heat better. The stock rubber hoses are also more of a velocity stack than the "velocity intake".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts