Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Yamaha Blue got kinda boring for me after seeing almoast everyones Yamaha ATV in blue, so I decided to do some painting, I know, I know, it will chip eventualy but painting is not a problem with me.

Since I love the SE color combo, I thought I'd give it a shot and see what my bike looks like, another option is Satin Black all around, this will happen if my Rappy chips soon and needs to paint again.

The plastic paint is a single stage w/plenty of pearl in it, so this is what's done so far:
All Plastics, front bumper, rear bar, spacers, powdercoated the a-arms in black.

Next:
Powdercoad F/R hubs, paint rear caliper (red)...
OK, writting is boring, here's some photos.

Rear Bar before painting.

I will take more pics soon, of front bumper, and once I get everything installed of the whole project.

What you guys think?

:eek:wned:
JW

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks good, definatly post pics of when you get her put back together. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
onelunglow said:
look great! :thumbsup: How do you think the paint will hold up?
I know it will chip from rocks hitting it eventualy, but I beleive it will last a season or so till I'd have to retouch it, I did put quiet a bit of that "bulldog" adhesive thing in the paint, which is supposed make it stick to and flex like plastic.

One way to find out, ride that bitch hard... :grin_nod:
JW

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sweet! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thnx guyz!
Yeah I can't wait either, I'm so exited to see the results, if my hard work payd-of, tomorrow is the the big day. I'm hoping to get most of the bike together, check back tom. night for pics.

Wish me luck.

:wave:
JW

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I did accomplish quiet a bit today, the pics are pretty bad b/c it was to cold today to go outside, the lighting inside the shop sucked but I promise I will take alot better pics once the weather gets better.

The bike still looks plain without graphics, I'm hunting for something that will compliment the colors but is so damn hard to find, and yeah a matching seat cover would be nice to .

What you guys think about the red caliper: poor - ok - nice ? ? ?

As you can see, I only have a rear set of ITP Baja's, no front extended a-arms nor spaces, to broke right now, maybe next month.
This bike is draining me down slowly... :simmadown:

JW

·
Registered
123 Posts
looks good but i dunno about that red caliper you could experiment with other colors but thats not really the main focus. i like the no sticker look you have goin right now. i think itll look better like that than with graphics

·
Registered
519 Posts
Orange would be better,but still your bike is looking sweet yes yes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
You might hold off on putting graphics on until you see how well the paint holds up to chipping and flexing.
I think your quad looks great.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.