Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to rocky ridge sunday and did some racing..i ran a bone stock 700 and got my ass busted..i have a 02 raptor with full exaust and a jet kit..this guy gave me about 3 bikes head start and came around me really hard and at least put 3 back on me...does this sound right to you guys...ohh i was also running a 14 tooth sprocket..i didnt spin that much i left in 1rst gear cause if i leave in 2nd it will bog even when i leave off the limiter..i juss cant belive a bone stock 700 is that much faster then a piped and jetted 660...what do you guys think :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well it sounds right to me man :mad: :mad:
My mates left me on my 660 when it was stock/piped and jetted, got sick of it, I just bought an engine upgrade and carby upgrade to stop that from happening.... :thumbsup:
The 700's are a well built bike...well the 07's anyway !!
I have run a 12/13 and 14 t front sprocket, we can take off even, after 3rd I start seeing the sand in my face....not for too much longer I hope !!
Good luck man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I can't over stress the importance of a proper dyno tune to get the max out of your setup. It is not unusual at all to pick up 5 or 6HP from a proper dyno tune even when you take a bike that the owner thought was properly tuned.

I've seen bone stock Raptors beat piped/jetted/filtered Raptors because the modified Raptor wasn't properly tined.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
im not real familiar with this senario but yes he should beat you but no i dont think he should give you 3 lengths and come by you and beat you by 3 or more. Just dont sound to right to me but i dont know a whole lot. I have a buddy that has an 01 i believe and he has full exh. and jetted and i cant give him 3 and beat him by that, atleast not in 300-350ft. how far was yall racing. either something is wrong with yours or he was lying about having a stock 700. Once again i can beat em by 2 or so lenghts but i can do it and also give 3lengths off the line.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Flynbyu said:
If you started in first gear, that was your first mistake.

~Brian
i can agree with that. My buddy has an 05 450r and he cant start in 2nd either. I thought he just couldnt drive so i got on it .. that this is horrible. He cant even slip the clutch and SLOWLY take off like i can he has to be in the gas when taking off. Even just poking around the yard holding a drink in one hand he has to give her gas then start letting off the clutch. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flynbyu said:
If you started in first gear, that was your first mistake.

~Brian
if i leave in second gear with the 14 tooth it bogs really bad..it works on the dirt but we raced in grass where there was more traction..the 12 i can leave in second and it will not bog

·
Registered
735 Posts
somethings wrong. I have no prob running with well modded 700s. Before I went to the 102mm high comp, I was still eating stock 700s with just the porting and a web cam, fmf exhaust and no lid jetter right. I agree with the tuning. I am running a 14 tooth front now and have no bog. Matter of fact it tries to lift the front on take off if Im not careful.

The 660 is not as handicaped as everybody thinks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i jetted it like dyno jet said 146 148 3 turns out on a/f screws..needles on fourth from top...there is a hesitation down low right off idle but not at full throttle...i have a full exhaust and a k n and i run with out the lid.. i do notice after i race and i let off still in gear it will pop about 4 to 6 times..does that mean i lean or rich at wot?

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
jake0107 said:
well i jetted it like dyno jet said 146 148 3 turns out on a/f screws..needles on fourth from top...there is a hesitation down low right off idle but not at full throttle...i have a full exhaust and a k n and i run with out the lid.. i do notice after i race and i let off still in gear it will pop about 4 to 6 times..does that mean i lean or rich at wot?
Did you change the pilot jets?

Bump the pilots to 25's and that should take care of the hesitation. Popping would indicate you are a little rich. Hot gas will ignite when coming in contact with oxygen again, thus causing a little pop. What does the plug look like?

~Brian

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have 25's already..im gonna go ride it tomorrow and run it and shut it off at wot and pull the plug

1 - 15 of 15 Posts