Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Steven, got them on and they look and sound great. Install was quick and easy, just had to pull the left outer stud to get the header pipe on. Anyone have any clearance issues with wiring etc..... I wrapped some muffler packing around the header pipe on the left side right before the rear resevior where some wiring comes close.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
What left stud did youi have to pull? I know the LTEs when I had them had heat shields to cover up the wiring harnesses, the Barkers don't?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zebradog said:
What left stud did youi have to pull? I know the LTEs when I had them had heat shields to cover up the wiring harnesses, the Barkers don't?
The left stud on the left port, makes it easy to slide in, rather then fighting to shove it in. It is quite a tight fit on the left header. The barkers have heat shields, but for rider protection. I'll post up some pics when I roll home today. I still think they are a great fit and look awesome, so don't take anything as negative. The wiring I might of moved around when I had the plastics of a couple days ago and rerouted it wrong. I'll look at iot further today.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
On the LTEs, they had 2 heat shields for the wireing harness. You removed one bolt from the casre, and it had a rectangular shapped piece of aluminum, with a bolt hole in it, than kept the wireing harness comming from the magneto from getting burned. It had another one that bolted to an allen on the back center of the case, that coverd up another harness, that one was a unique shape. My Barkers come on friday; what hardware did they come with? It'll be intersting to see the difference in mounting them up.

·
Registered
815 Posts
You dont have to pull the stud - The Barkers Just fall into place if you know how to install them.... the right side goes on VERY easy... on the left side- you have to stick the back end inside the frame, have the pipe rotated upside down.... then just rotate the pipe upwards, and it will just FALL into place, right over the header bolts....
- - and no the barkers do not come with the heat shields for the wires, like the LTE's do...

Plattner

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Call Barker, they'll send you the same map they used on his wifes quad, exact same setup as yours. I'm still waiting for them to send the map to me.

·
Registered
902 Posts
There are wires back by the muffler connection on the left side. . . I zip-tied these to the engine to pull them away from the pipe.

Looking at the engine, there is a lifting-lug on the center cases near the back. I used this eyelet to put the zip-tie into then wrapped it around the wires to pull them away from the pipe.

Went together very easily - Didn't have to remove any studs out of the head.

Exhaust gaskets stayed in the head and i re-used them. . .

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's some pictures. Mine would not go on that easy, which required removing the stud, but had plenty of room after the stud was removed, hell it could of been y stud wasn't even in all the way, but I did have to double nut it to get it off. Thats the thing about welded pipes, especially tight ones that have to go inframe and are fabbed in a jig, any slight variation in the jig will alter fit, let alone one person doing it to another person.

Here's some pic's

·
Registered
973 Posts
Dont be putting pics of those on here... NOW I WANT SOME!!! Nice set up you have. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
902 Posts
hehehe

My bud just stopped by to take a look (he's still stock . . . not for long!!!)

Comments - Dang - that's like straight flow. . . Those dual's look BAD. . .

He may end up with the LTE's (good pipe too - one of our other buds has them on his 660).

Instead of the insulation/wrap on the bike, I just zip-tied the wiring to the side. . .

Check clearances on EVERYTHING. . . (including rear brake line)!

Would suck to get out there and ride for 10-minutes only to have damage/melting end your trip.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got some time tomorrow before i load up and will double check everything. I think I'm going to leave the wrap on just for piece of mind.

This thing is going to rock. I have a line on some ITP sandstars, (front) on ITP aluminum c-seirs rims, hopefully will pick those up so I can have some steerage.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Duane said:
I got some time tomorrow before i load up and will double check everything. I think I'm going to leave the wrap on just for piece of mind.

This thing is going to rock. I have a line on some ITP sandstars, (front) on ITP aluminum c-seirs rims, hopefully will pick those up so I can have some steerage.
You getting the fronts in town? If so let me know?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vermin99 said:
Duane said:

You getting the fronts in town? If so let me know?
This is an end of season thing. Place has some ITP's sitting there, stopped and asked them what they wanted for them and they didn't have a price, had to look it up but still couldn't find them in the books(someone ordered and never picked up). Told them I'd give em 150 for them, said they'd call me. Came home and checked RMATV and they listed for 240. They have a bucnh of sand gears if your interested, I'll get a price for ya.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The only thing i noticed was the magneto thick cable comes very close to the exhaust on the left side manage to pull the gearbox wires away but the cable seems to be very thick and doesnt like to move going for my 1st ride this weekend and will keep a eye on it as these exhaust get really hot very quickly . NO i didnt remove no head stud either just inserted the rear on the front extractor first then jiggled and twisted and it moved right into place .

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Crafty Steve said:
The only thing i noticed was the magneto thick cable comes very close to the exhaust on the left side manage to pull the gearbox wires away but the cable seems to be very thick and doesnt like to move going for my 1st ride this weekend and will keep a eye on it as these exhaust get really hot very quickly . NO i didnt remove no head stud either just inserted the rear on the front extractor first then jiggled and twisted and it moved right into place .
I ordered some THERMO-TEC SHIELD TAPE from Summit Racing that should protect the wires on the left side.(part #THE-14002 $14.95 1.5in x 15') I'll let you know how it turns out. I should have it by tuesday :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I've got some aluminum sheet metal, I think I'll just copy the LTE design and make some shields.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just order my barkers today cant wait. Duane thanks for the hook up spoke with Steve he gave it to me for the price you told me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts