Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran 43.48hp and 39.74ftlbs

i have barkers duels with the quiet cores in, running a amsoil high flow filter with the stock intake, lid off

So my question is, would a different intake bring me close to the 52hp ran that most get from the big three? I know the quiet core gave me a 1-1.5hp loss, but i wanted them tuned in bc that mostly how i have to ride around here due to db laws.

I dont see the quiet cores causing that much loss, but could it be bringin me down that much? Im sure the dyno also has something to do with it, different numbers different areas etc.

·
Registered
214 Posts
which intake are you looking at?

i don't think there is any way an intake is gonna net you 8.5 hp

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah that intake isn't causing you to lose that much HP. I would be skeptical of the dyno you were on. I would guess you could get a couple more pony's with an FCI though. And if you still want to run the amsoil filter you can because there is a larger one that will fit an FCI intake tube. But I switched from a monster intake to an amsoil and it didn't even change the color of my plug so it has to be very close.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Thats 3hp there. 50hp is what the average Big 3 bike puts down so your not too far off. The tune can have some power in it too depending on the tuner.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So minus 4.5hp for the tires and quiet cores? So If everything was sound I am pulling about. 48hp? I was thinking 48hp was were I should have been at

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Post up your dyno sheet, i had 47+ hp and 39+ tq and my tq curve is pretty big vs say dm101 her numbers were big but her tq curve wast smaller

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Each dyno varies and some tuners know how to tune 700 better than others. Air temp,humidity,elevation,and outside temp makes a different,believe it or not.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll post my dyno sheet later maybe we can see where the numbers fell short

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sea level, when I went I had a dl700 map installed and the tuner said it was almost spot on with the bike, so he really didn't do anything major, and I ended up only paying for an hr of dyno time. heres the dyno sheet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
edit

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just had thought about this, do you guys think maybe I need to do a valve adjustment, and that were I'm losing some hp?

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
Just had thought about this, do you guys think maybe I need to do a valve adjustment, and that were I'm losing some hp?
it,s an '06 700r so it could be wear of the piston rings, did you ever measured your compression?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya I'm not to worries about the numbers since it runs awesome everytime I take it out. Just curious more than anything

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Actually you can lose some HP if the valves are too tight. The problem would be if they aren't closing fully you will lose compression. And everytime I go to adjust my valves the intakes tighten up for some reason. DL said he see's that a lot!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts