Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my raptor 700 tonight! I was excited to finally move up to 700 after driving a 350 for about two years. I was going to get a YFZ but that thought completely cleared my mind when I found out that it dint have reverse:wow: Picking up the 700 tmrw morning, I will take pics at that time:cool:

My question is, aside from nerf bars, whats the first upgrade that would be the most beneficial? The raptor that I got is a 2008 model, with only 5 hours on it. Should the pipe come first? If so, what brand? All suggestions welcome. Newbie here, so pls no sarcasm:)

Raptor 700R:wow:

2/11/2010

·
Registered
415 Posts
well i would say tires, and other personalizations, like comfortable bars, grips, etc. get the suspension setup right. there is alot of adjustability compared to the 350. ALOT more. so get that set up and get used to it before you go beefin it up. but if your going to get an exhaust, you HAVE to get a fuel controller. a dobeck is cheaper and easier to adjust on your own. but a pc3 or pc5 has alot more adjustability but is more complex, and its recommended to get it tuned at a reputable shop with a dyno. if thats not an option, get the pcv with autotune. it won't be perfect, but it will be close.

btw welcome to big boy land! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came with an extra set of paddle tires:)

Whats a pcv? I never upgraded my raptor 350 exhaust so I dont know the complications:( I did not upgrade cos I always planned to land a raptor 700:D Whats the best pipe out there? Rather not go dual exhaust

·
Registered
415 Posts
well since you said paddles then you obviously dune. the sparks xx6 i hear is a great single, but it is loud as hell!! i have the sparks x6 and its not too loud and i like the power it gave me with just the "big 3" mod. (exhaust, intake, fuel controller) a pc3 or pc5 also known as pcIII or pcv are fuel controllers. its the way you "jet" a fuel injected bike to put enough fuel in to match the extra flow you get with an exhaust, intake, removing the airbox lid, or any combination of those and other mods. the pc3 is just an older, but still very good version. the pcv is the newest version that has a few extra setting areas and has an add on to auto tune your air fuel ratio with an o2 sensor like a car, but it comes seperate. both require a computer to load the "maps" onto the units and it is recommended to get them dyno tuned for the best and safest settings. DO NOT run an exhaust without a fuel controller!!! it can be a dobeck style one, made by alot of different exhaust companies but basically the same thing. they are easier to adjust because they only have 4 settings and can be adjusted with buttons on the unit itself. older ones have "pots" that you turn with a screwdriver and have 3 settings.

alot of times if you have a question you can search it. alot of people ask the same question. and the section at the top of the catagories has some of the important, or most asked threads there permanently. there is a "single vs dual" one and a "best single" one. i think they are on this forum. i'm on like 4 different ones, so i get them confused sometimes. :lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
First thing to do is ride it for a while...then go from there.
+1 it is a big difference from the 350!! i made the same jump 2 yrs ago. it takes a bit to get used to the power handling and extra weight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be taking it for a ride around the track tomorrow, or a local OHV area within the next two weeks:)

I know for sure that I will need to get nerf bars lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
sounds like a good idea. i would just buy things like that and wait for the power adders till your used to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought mine 4 months ago and had to have the barker duals, pc5, and kn intake. its a big difference. but their right get us to it first then add as you can. There are lots of links that discuss the difference of all of the exausts etc. This is how i learned, reading what all the others here have already done. The big three is a great way to go. Have fun! Tqsatv.com is a good place to see pricing for most of the items you can install, they have almost all of the big three kits.

·
Registered
555 Posts
First off LJ, welcome to the 700 world.

Since you're coming from a 350 I think the power increase should keep a smile on your face for a while so I'd concentrate improvements else where.

Following nerfs I'd recommend skid guards, a good case saver and ergonamic mods to fit your size and riding. A quality steering Dampner is an excellent mod too.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I would like to move up also... waiting to get a snowmobile. Welcome to the forums, lots of info on here. It has saved me lots of money also:) I had a deal on an LT250R, and they told me not to do it:(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally the 700R is home:) 2008 model! Super clean! Came with some paddle tires too, which are now for sale

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its definitely getting a carbon fiber radiator cover8)

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
these are only 40 more

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=99&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=16169

sorry i'm part jewish so i'm always looking to save money on things. :lol: but still search around you can find things cheaper other places. tech quad shop has the same nerfs for 10 less also. i have jumped on things before searching and ended up paying more and bein pissed at myself. :banghead:

that is a damn nice raptor tho!!! :thumbsup: good find man.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
these are only 40 more

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=99&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=16169

sorry i'm part jewish so i'm always looking to save money on things. but its your bike. i'm an ass, but still search around you can find things cheaper other places. tech quad shop has the same nerfs for 10 less also.
I am also a money saver:) Earlier today I went back to 4wheelparts to get a price adjusted(due to a lower advertised price) on a set of wheels that I bought 29 days ago(the money back guarantee is 30 days);) Saved me about $80

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am also a money saver:) Earlier today I went back to 4wheelparts to get a price adjusted(due to a lower advertised price) on a set of wheels that I bought 29 days ago(the money back guarantee is 30 days);) Saved me about $80
haha ok i like to safe money, but i'm just a little to lazy to do that. :lol: but for $80 i'd prob do it aslong as it didn't take more than an hr and 25-30 miles. :lol:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts