Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Raptor back in a theft recovery after about 7 months. The ignition is gone and there is two wires sticking up where the ignition is. Other than them adding a cigarette lighter, painting all the plastics and wiring in an autotune switch everything looks relatively intact.

When I touch the wires together everything powers up, I hear the fuel pump prime and the neutral indicator comes on. I generally have to fiddle with the starter button a few times, but then it does turn over and start.

The problem is it shuts off every time without fail after about 5 seconds. Doesn't matter if I give it throttle or let it idle.

Any ideas for what to try?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
glad u got her back. i think your very lucky. The thing i could think of is if they messed with the programmer and its way out of wack. sorry i cant help more but im sure someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not yet. I couldn't get it so I took it in to the dealer. He says the wiring harness is badly butchered and he suspects the ECM might have got fried. I have some parts coming in from ebay and we are going to go from there.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Sounds to me like the tip over sensor is upside down or something. It's on the front of the battery box and has UP wrote on it

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I bet its got someting fried on it.....I hope those theives or theif got their asses/ass fried too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts