Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoo hoo! I got my SPAL fan today :)

(I attached pictures, I hope they show up)

I have read that I need to wire it up differently? But the connector is the same as the OEM one. Do I need to do anything special? Let me know guys, I want to put it up tomorrow! :) :) :)

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Whoo hoo! I got my SPAL fan today :)

(I attached pictures, I hope they show up)

I have read that I need to wire it up differently? But the connector is the same as the OEM one. Do I need to do anything special? Let me know guys, I want to put it up tomorrow! :) :) :)
Are you just replacing this with your OEM cuz this one is more efficient? Let us know how it works!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I put mine on and it works well. Connect it up with the stock connector at the rad. You need to put a heavier wire between the battery and the fan relay. This is under the seat. There is a thread on here if you search that tells you how to do that.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
nice...... :)

you could wire it up like I do on my sportbikes, direct wire it to the battery and use a toggle to turn it on and off this way you can turn it on before the quad gets hot been doing this for years...I use like a 10/12 gauge wire and a heavy duty toggle, just a thought.. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here is the short, but kind of long story. Just brought a used 2007 Raptor 700 GYTR. Has some scratches, but took it out on the weekend, it overheated twice and when I cut the engine off the fan didn't cut on (like I remember on the 660r).

Searched on the forum and found out it was a common problem, so I did some troubleshooting and the fan was dead. So I had to get this one!

Do you mind showing me the link? I have been looking for a good write up, but when I was looking for the loose wire for the 2006 700r recall it took me FOREVER to find the pouch, because no one posted any pics!!!

Thanks guys! Any recommendation on what else I should do to the bike in order to make sure it's in good shape is recommended!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice...... :)

you could wire it up like I do on my sportbikes, direct wire it to the battery and use a toggle to turn it on and off this way you can turn it on before the quad gets hot been doing this for years...I use like a 10/12 gauge wire and a heavy duty toggle, just a thought.. :D
Well I might switch to Engine Ice to prevent that. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I used spal fans on my mustang years ago and loved them!!! I used to 12in fans for a mustang. Good fans!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick question, does the fan usually cut on when the engine is off after a ride? Did the 660 do that or am I crazy?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I jumped the sensor and the only way the fan will cut on is when the engine is ON.....

UGH should I just hardwire it?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I jumped the sensor and the only way the fan will cut on is when the engine is ON.....

Hard wire it with 10/12 gauge fine stranded wire direct to the battery (both hot and ground) and use a toggle switch to turn it on and off.... :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is my next mod, i'm all about keeping my motor cool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Me too bro. I'm worried that I mess up something bad and then have to fork out a lot of $$$ to get it fixed.

Too bad I went to the shop today and they ran out of engine ice, so i had to get the Honda coolant.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

that is fine.... if the fan operates when the engine is running then its doing its job.. the reason the fan will run when the engine is off is due to heat soak rising the temp of the coolant around the sensor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts