Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was out riding and was doing a wheelie in 4th gear and there was a cop hidden. So I took off not knowing he was following me. I pulled into my house and parked the atv in my garage. About 2 minutes later the cop pulled up. He clocked me with his radar at 84 mph and I am on a stock raptor. So how fast really are they? I have heard 75 mph tops. But when seeing my speed it confused me. I learned to check and make sure there are no cops following me when i pull into my yard now. I got let go with a warning but that is after he threatened to impound my atv for going over the speed limit by 45 mph. Also what insurance do we need on them in the average state? I have not checked into that much since I was told it will be 600 bucks every 3 months for the 700 raptor. Any one have any clue how much insurance is?

·
Registered
148 Posts
idk about the insurance but mine will go about 85 or so my cousin was in his camaro behind me and he said he was doin 86 and gainin just alittle so mabey 85 or 86

·
Registered
3 Posts
My friend followed me in his eclipse and was doing 83 to keep up with me, and I my rappy is completely stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have full-coverage insurance on mine and it is $28/month...where is someone getting corn-holed for $2400 a year?!?!?! I HIGHLY doubt that unless it's someone with a PILE of infractions, but that is NOT typical at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
American Family quoted my wife and I that price because they said it is classified as a crotch rocket type motorcycle.

·
Registered
824 Posts
SWFRider said:
Try Progressive. We pay about $500 a year for coverage on 2 modified quads and 2 stock quads.
progressive was brutal on me for my rx7. i had progressive when i bought the car, and they were charging me 455 a month/10 month for full coverage (thats without my truck being on the road)

so i went to allstate, and its $98 a month for full coverage on the car, anddd liabilty on the truck

·
Registered
786 Posts
ribs said:
American Family quoted my wife and I that price because they said it is classified as a crotch rocket type motorcycle.
They screwed me back in 96 with my CBR, basically i sold it because of them. I have my Rap with them now but not sure how much it is. I know its not 600.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
76.xx by radar on mine when I got mine, dont ask me how I know that ;). Any vehicle operated on a public road is required to have liability insurance at least. You would know it if you were doin 8xMPH on the back wheels of an ATV for sure lol. The cop was probably just makin it worse than it already was to make you feel worse about what you did :stickpoke:

·
Registered
148 Posts
mabey you were in 5th u just didnt no it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was riding the wheelie in 4th and when I dropped the front wheels on the ground i popped it into 5th. I cant quite figure out how to ride a wheelie through fifth yet. He clocked me at top end in 5th sorry for the confusion. I am contacting some insurance people around here to see what price they can give me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have American Family, I think mines around $130.00 a year full coverage with a $250.00 deduct.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts