Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Went riding yesterday and got really muddy, a lot more than usual. However, I didn't sink it and never got liquid in the air box, just a little bit of mud and debris in the exhaust tip but the spark screen caught the majority of it. So I cleaned the shit out of it today. Sprayed it off multiple times, took the exhaust tip off and tried to clean as far inside the muffler as I could with a wet towel, took the air filter out and sprayed out the inside of the air box with a rag plugged in the air inlet tube. I probably went a little overboard with the water cleaning everything. I had mud caked on the outside of the carb and all underneath the plastic that covers the tank and the front hood. I took all of it off and sprayed it down.

So here is my problem. The start buttom took several pushes to get it to even turn over. It started up, took it for a quick spin and it died on me. Had trouble cranking back up and died on me while shifting again. Now it hardly wants to idle. Engine and exhaust sounded normal. However, the start button does nothing now. All lights work, so I know the battery is fine, plus the bike is not even a year old. I know this is probably a broad issue, but can anybody shed some light on this as to where to start? I really don't think I could have gotten water in the tank or engine. Are these bikes sealed off well?

Thanks!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
:confused: Went riding yesterday and got really muddy, a lot more than usual. However, I didn't sink it and never got liquid in the air box, just a little bit of mud and debris in the exhaust tip but the spark screen caught the majority of it. So I cleaned the shit out of it today. Sprayed it off multiple times, took the exhaust tip off and tried to clean as far inside the muffler as I could with a wet towel, took the air filter out and sprayed out the inside of the air box with a rag plugged in the air inlet tube. I probably went a little overboard with the water cleaning everything. I had mud caked on the outside of the carb and all underneath the plastic that covers the tank and the front hood. I took all of it off and sprayed it down.

So here is my problem. The start buttom took several pushes to get it to even turn over. It started up, took it for a quick spin and it died on me. Had trouble cranking back up and died on me while shifting again. Now it hardly wants to idle. Engine and exhaust sounded normal. However, the start button does nothing now. All lights work, so I know the battery is fine, plus the bike is not even a year old. I know this is probably a broad issue, but can anybody shed some light on this as to where to start? I really don't think I could have gotten water in the tank or engine. Are these bikes sealed off well?

Thanks!
Start by draining the water out of the carbs and possibly the fuel tank, wash out the switches with brake clean and charge the battery........

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Check the oil, if it is white there is water in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts