Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some nice weather today. So we took the 4 wheelers out. There were quite a few of the YZF450 out there playing on the dirt dragstrip they have. Not to smooth but it works. This damn things are way to fast for my little 660 raptor. This were all clean and nice. Mine is been played hard with. they gave me alittle hint, was to take off in 2nd gear. That still really didn't work for me. It pulls a major wheelie. There just spun and then it was off like a rocket. How in the hell are they keeping the front end down on those things? Is it cause of there suspension?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all i've got is a monster full exhaust ,ait filter and its been rejetted. Thats it. Oh well I prolly won't go to extreme with it. I play around on it and every now and then I race it. Its not to bad through the mud either :crazy: I know I need to tighten up the suspension cause it was bottoming out on some jumps.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
tires play a huge roll in taking off.

·
Registered
183 Posts
dont feel bad about losing to a 450 because there fast. just practice on ur starts and u should be good.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
How were their quads modded? You have no idea what they had? Could have engines and cams, bored to 520, the list goes on. Experience also plays a big role. Sounds like they had you beat in drag experience.

PS nice avatar papis :Lol: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DECEPTiON21 said:
How were their quads modded? You have no idea what they had? Could have engines and cams, bored to 520, the list goes on. Experience also plays a big role. Sounds like they had you beat in drag experience.

PS nice avatar papis :Lol: :grin_nod:

thats true, but i don't think they were modded heavly. Due to there was 3 of them and they all ran about the same. Manly the best rider won.

oh for tires, I'm running some new dunlops holeshot tires. Some reason my buddy thinks I need to sit alittle closer on the tank and rev higher and dump. He thinks it will spin then take off. I was just having major wheelie problems. Yea I know sitten closer is going to help but the whole reving higher???? :3question: and dump ofthe clutch :confused:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
1. select second gear
2. place nuts on gas tank
3. pin throttle
4. dump clutch
5. use combo of nuts on tank and clutch slip to keep front end down, keep RPMs up.

·
Registered
639 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
1. select second gear
3. pin throttle
4. dump clutch
5. use combo of nuts on tank and clutch slip to keep front end down, keep RPMs up.
i like the idea, but for me my tires hook so well it just flips my big ass off the back.
i need a longer swing arm

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You must not know how to take off in 2nd, I have mudlites and can do hard starts without flipping it :confused:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
1. select second gear
3. pin throttle
4. dump clutch
Don't forget the cup! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts