Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well saturday i went for a ride with my friends, Raptor was running pretty good...

Then all of a sudden i felt heat on my leg, Looked down and the entire motor was ungulfed in flames, I could do nothing but jump off and watch it burn :(

It burnt all the way to the ground, we were out in a field and had no way to put it out, Called the fire department and their engine couldn't get to it so we had to wait on a squad truck and by then it was far gone.....

All that's left is a charred frame with the motor some what burnt into on the left side, burnt my new tires and all plastic and electronics are gone....

Worst news of all is that i have no insurance on it and that i guess my home owner's insurance won't cover it because i was not at my house when it happened....Apparently it had some kind of gas leak, please EVERYONE check your atv's for leaks before riding again so this does not happen to you :(

I enjoyed being apart of the Raptor Community but it looks like my time is up....

Later guys, Take care and keep an eye out for leaks

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Thanks for the input. Sorry for your loss. Hope you are OK. The quad can be replaced. Your warning may help somebody THINK befor they act.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm fine, Just heartbroken...

That's the exact reason i posted this, I don't want this happening to anyone else!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Did your carbs have the small vent / drain tubes on the bottom of the bowls?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sorry to hear, do you have any pics?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Not to be rude but guys remember you can attempted to extinguish the flame by throwing dirt/sand on the base of flames. Again sorry for your loss just trying to educate others to try and avoid this.

·
Registered
538 Posts
IM ALSO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. I WOULD HAVE THROWN SAND DIRT WHATEVER I WAS AROUND TO TRY TO AVOID THE FLAMES FROM GETTING WORST. :eek:

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Sorry to hear you lost your quad. The point you made about insurance is what should be sticking with members. Yes try alittle to put the flames out(turn the gas petcock off 1st-if equipped or your key if you have EFI) but if its are not out lets say in a minute then its time to go. The gas tank and shocks could put a hurtin on ya so just get away...

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would of put dirt on the fire but the entire field was covered in grass and weeds not soft dirt...

I attempted to turn off my gas but the flames were just too high, the gas tank did in fact explode... Front shocks survived but the rear is gone....

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When it blazed up

After the tank explosion and tires are bout gone...

End result

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
WOW:wow: that sucks I think I'm gonna check mine over real well before I put it back together. Sorry about the loss there

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Very sorry to hear this, I'm glad you weren't hurt or burned though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry to hear and see your loss. Glad you weren't injured or burnt. Maybe there are some parts that survived that could be scavenged and sold to start saving for a new one? Goodluck man.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
+1 to all, sorry to read about this...main thing is you weren't injured, there are plenty of other raptors out there to replace it ;) and good tip on the lines...I'll check into mine as well

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Sorry bud, not nice when this happens, good thing to see you walked away unscathed...........

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
sorry to hear it man. R.I.P raptorkids raptor.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hopefully soon you can get your hand on a raptor. sorry for the loss.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I actually almost lost one of my warriors last winter, back fired through the carb and caught my air filter on fire, took the airbox, the filter, and my seat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts