Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was playing around drag racing on soft dirt and raced a 85cr exspert honda and 4x4 bombarida 650-700? i weigh 255 he weighs probley 180 but it was a damn automatic bombarida 4x4 and he got me thru 1st 2nd and 3rd and i say half way thru 4th im not sure about top end cause it was`nt that long of a drag. Only advantage i see is him hooking up better 4x4 and i could`nt keep from breaking some traction in first thru 2nd I was amazed to have him beat me lol also a 400 or 450 ex raced him and was neck to neck but the 4x4 won again. i raced this guy and got him once as he got me once but only because his dum butt got a good head start. Man is something wrong with my raptor are is them 4x4 auto fast as crap? A fed of you know that my quad was stolen from me for about 2 years and the engine has been into and etc and it probley got raged out and im sure it needs valve adjustments and carb cleaning adjustments. but my raptor rides hard and quick like it did before i cant tell a power differants but it has been 2 years since i rememberd the power so i cant say for sure. but right on to the new bombbardia with ford stickers on it that got my butt.

·
Registered
134 Posts
your from louisiana arent you. I didnt understand half that post.

·
Registered
960 Posts
the newer 4*4 with the 700+ are preaty quick now

·
Registered
27 Posts
:grin_nod: ;) 8) that sucks! Better luck after u rebuild that motor it sounds like :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
O5raptor660r said:
:grin_nod: ;) 8) that sucks! Better luck after u rebuild that motor it sounds like :thumbsup:
got 2 buddies with the max 800 v-twins and they cant be touched, they weigh like 900lbs and they just hook like crazy,i think they are pretty cool,like the hummer of quads :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
One of the problems is rider weight. 255 over 180 is a pretty substantial difference. When talking 1/4 mile car drag racing, 100 pounds equals roughly 1 tenth of a second, which equals about 1 car length. On a quad, the difference is much larger because your weight is a much larger percentage of the bike's weight.

·
Registered
154 Posts
A friend of mine bought one of the new bombardia/ Can Am 800s and he said it is faster the hell.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Those 800's with the cvt's are tough to out run. I think they'll do low 90mph right out of the box... pretty crazy for farm equipment....lol

·
Registered
735 Posts
they are big. try tossing it around on the trails, might be fast going straight, but they are gonna get tired before you do. Personally, stopping a 900 pound machine at 90 mph would scare the hell out of me. What happens when you need to turn? On the raptor I know I can goose it and send it into a powerslide that I know wont come over on me...again, IRS, I'd be afraid to do that. I like the renagade, would love to have one....if it were lighter.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i saw one this weekend in vegas and those things look pretty quick and they look nice i think. i wouldnt having one but i wouldnt trade it my rappy for anything

·
Registered
779 Posts
lol

I had one. They are 630lbs, not 900 lol. They are quick, but riddled with problems. Too make it a sound reliable machine, you need to put thousands into. Everything from full suspension upgrade, skid plates, exhaust, efi controller, tires, etc. I got rid of mine cause I was fed up with the problems. On top of that, not very much in the way of aftermarket stuff, unless you want a plow or a big bag to strap to the back. I had mine doing 75mph on the gps and it was ready for way more. I wasn't though....something about doing high speeds on 5psi tires scares the poop out of me!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
The Can-Am 800 was in a magazine article about 10 days after I bought my Raptor, they put two people on it and still beat the 700!!!! Some of that must be traction and the rest gearing, everything I know about drag racing goes against this phenomina. A hundred cc's bigger but 200 lbs. + another rider goes against physics. Still ain't no way I'd trade!!!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I heard there is one dominating the 200 ft sand drags in North Fl. but he isn't having to race true drag quads, just stuff people bring off the trails to race. I'm making a trip down there in June to layeth tha smaketh down :lol: That 760 that I'm sending to N. Fl will also show him the door.

·
Registered
373 Posts
check out the new dirtwheels it has a article on the can-am renegade vs Yamaha raptor700 vs the
Yamaha grizzly.

to me it's like a cross between a spot & utility quad.

·
Registered
350 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
I heard there is one dominating the 200 ft sand drags in North Fl. but he isn't having to race true drag quads, just stuff people bring off the trails to race. I'm making a trip down there in June to layeth tha smaketh down :lol: That 760 that I'm sending to N. Fl will also show him the door.
got my ass handed to me by one in a 200 ft sand drag(both on trail tires). Called you up the next day :lol: 200 ft is just wheelspin for the rappy's thoughl.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts