Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so i picked put my raptor 700r today and only got to ride it about 1hr, i have some questions, i read that they have powerbands in every gear, however i didnt get on it really hard but i did turn some rpms in 1st gear to try and hit the powerband, however i didnt feel anything, so i'm wondering if maybe i dont understand what a powerband is, i rode a YZ125 and when you hit the powerband man you knew it, so is the raptor the same way and i'm just not hitting yet or is it something different? please help me out, and when you get on your raptor stock in how many gears would the front tires come off the ground just by getting on it?

·
Registered
497 Posts
2Stroke and 4Stroke powerbands are way different, I don't know much about it buy the 4Stroke powerband is more of a constant thing, and 2Stroke, you can really feel it pull.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you look at a dyno chart, you'll see what looks like a hill.
Just before the top of that hill, and just after, is the powerband.
On a stock Raptor, it's between about 5200 and 7500 rpm where it makes between 35 and 40 hp. This is why there's not much point to rev a Raptor all the way to redline at about 9500, even though it'll go there.

The difference between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke here is that a 2 stroke's powerband in betwnne a much narrower rpm range, so when you finally do hit it, and then run through it, you feel it much more.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
i can't help much with the powerband question but i can with the wheelie question. i assume by getting on it you mean give it gas really hard and when i do this i can get the front wheels up 1st 2nd and 3rd just by hammering the gas. i know you can ride a wheelie out all the way through 5th though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts