Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...saw the GPS thread in the 700 Raptor Forum and thought I would post some info about a different type of GPS....this is for theft & security.....I have 2 of these and probably shouldn't let this out but I have 1 on my Raptor...it texts and emails me when my raptor gets moved...within seconds most of the time...lets me know if my battery is low and also has a back up battery.....does a lot of other things too....pretty slick....you can track it and you always know where it is...for those of us that have teenagers that like to try to be sneaky...LOL ..check it out... www.finditnowusa.com

·
Registered
553 Posts
instamapper.com is my favorite .... and CHEAP !!! $3 a month and $50 for a NEW CELL PHONE !!

that page doesn't post prices ... s o ... I ass-u-m-e it's the typical cell gps setup that's $500 for a box and $50 a month ... even the dog tag things are CHEAPER !! only $50 for the box and $50 a month with ALL THE SAME FEATURES ...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not same thing there TVP...you get what you pay for sometimes
I think the prices for the FIN GPS Tracker varies depending on where you buy it..probably why they don't post it on their site.
I can tell you I paid $499 for mine and no monthly fees.
If someone sees a cell phone ..first of all it will be history...2nd of all its not water prrof and surely wouldn't take the beating i put on my Raptor..LOL...anyway.....not apples to apples....U can ride a cheap korean made atv or you can own & ride a raptor, YFZ or many other types, etc.....NOT the same thing

·
Registered
553 Posts
the dog tags work EXACTLY the same as yours .. water proof and all ... my cell phone goes underwater about monthly .. eitherway .. -they- see ANY box and it's gone .. but by then it too late since the GPS's will leave a trail of crumbs to where they discovered it at .. which more than likely is thier own garage !! ... I can't afford a $500 box from a flybynight on a $1500 bike .. it's cheaper to just get insurance .... not to mention ... I'm sure it can't take rolling down the mountain as good as my cell phones have ;) ...$5 on ebay and I have a another phone again ... how much is it to fix/replace yours ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry..but not EXACTLY the same...does that one send you text and email alerts and have a motion sensor..I get alerts within 30 seconds of mine being moved..does it let you know if your battery is low...does it have back up battery and let you know if you power is been disconnected and still allow you to track it...does it have a 24/7 Call center to help you get it back if its stolen??? You wouldn't know what you are looking for here as it is small and looks like an auto relay of some sort...not a cell phone settig there for the taking...it is also small enough to stash where it is harder to find, etc....Not the same thing and when i purchsed the device i checked BBB and they have been around for about 13 or 14 years with no complaints..i take my chances here as i wouldn't consider that a "flybynight"....with that being said..its not for everyone...I wouldn't spend 500 on something that only was worth 1500either...but if you have more into it and have it customized where someone looks at it as a target...then $500 is well worth it.....piece of mind

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
At $500, not sure if it's worth it just for keeping my $2500 Rappy safe... but my $16,000 Spyder is another story as is my enclosed trailer where I keep all my quads - The Spyder stays in my alarmed garage so I'm not too worried, but the trailer is outside, with a bunch of locks as deturrents to theft; but if a thief is determined enough... I'd be hurting if someone were to steal that trailer. I may look into this, afterall.

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
No chit! My neighbor had his $50,000 boat and trailer stolen from his driveway last year while we had all gone out to dinner for an hour and a half on a Friday night - all he had on it was a bike chain lock through the wheels. Probably took about 2 seconds with a bolt cutter on that one, another 30 seconds to hook up the trailer and BYE BYE! Nobody in the neighborhood saw a thing. We expect that it was in Mexico, running drugs, within a couple of hours. Insurance covered him, thank goodness.

On my trailer, I've got two thick cable locks through the wheels, one on each side, a hitch lock through the hitch pin, and a ball lock blocking the opening; plus I park it with motorhome one foot behind and my Explorer one foot in front - so it's gonna be a tough steal... but, like i said, if someone is determined enough, they just might find a way. My saving grace is that, hopefully, no bad guys know what's inside the trailer - let them go after lower hanging fruit that they DO know about, lol.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
The coupler locks don't work. have done some repo work when I was working at a marina and people put them on, all we do is take there safety chains and hook to truck and go. The best this I have found is QuadManic does, PILE things on top of the trailer that cant be moved easily and pray.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
No chit! My neighbor had his $50,000 boat and trailer stolen from his driveway last year while we had all gone out to dinner for an hour and a half on a Friday night - all he had on it was a bike chain lock through the wheels. Probably took about 2 seconds with a bolt cutter on that one, another 30 seconds to hook up the trailer and BYE BYE! Nobody in the neighborhood saw a thing. We expect that it was in Mexico, running drugs, within a couple of hours. Insurance covered him, thank goodness.

On my trailer, I've got two thick cable locks through the wheels, one on each side, a hitch lock through the hitch pin, and a ball lock blocking the opening; plus I park it with motorhome one foot behind and my Explorer one foot in front - so it's gonna be a tough steal... but, like i said, if someone is determined enough, they just might find a way. My saving grace is that, hopefully, no bad guys know what's inside the trailer - let them go after lower hanging fruit that they DO know about, lol.
Out of sight, out of mind. Just so you know, cable locks can be cut with simple tin snips. Check out the "snitch" gps anti theft device web sight. If you can get the police involved soon enough, you have a good chance or recovery. Lets see know, look for a moble home one foot behind a Exsplorer....

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Damn! I shoulda kept my mouth shut, lol...

As I've said a few times, if a thief has enough balls and determination, he'll get what he wants. My job is just to add enough impediments to doing it quickly that he'll decide that the someone else's posessions are easier and safer to steal, so that he'll go there instead.

Every thing I do, that adds another 30 seconds to his job, makes that other guy's stuff look that much more promising. As the old saying goes - I don't have to out run the lion... I just have to out run YOU!

Oh, BTW, forgot to mention that I also have a large Master lock on the safety chains such that they can't stretch even to the tongue - another 30 second delay!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys...here is what I know about the FIN GPS Device.......I can tell you I paid $499.00 for mine. I don't have a pic of it as I was told they don'ty freely pass that info out as it is a Security System...the less people know what it looks like the better. I can take a pic of mine and send it when I get a chance. Luckily I know nobody on here....LOL...My best friend doesn't even know I have one installed. I can tell you that it looks like a auto relay or something....pretty small. I would never know what it was if I saw it for the first time. Hate to be too desciptive here but most of the info is on their site...( other than pricing ) Here is the link ( I think I already posted this ).... I think the guy I dealt with name was Bill...nice guy and great Customer Service... well worth it in my opinion and I only have about $4500 into my Raptor. www.finditnowusa.com

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Damn! I shoulda kept my mouth shut, lol...

As I've said a few times, if a thief has enough balls and determination, he'll get what he wants. My job is just to add enough impediments to doing it quickly that he'll decide that the someone else's posessions are easier and safer to steal, so that he'll go there instead.

Every thing I do, that adds another 30 seconds to his job, makes that other guy's stuff look that much more promising. As the old saying goes - I don't have to out run the lion... I just have to out run YOU!

Oh, BTW, forgot to mention that I also have a large Master lock on the safety chains such that they can't stretch even to the tongue - another 30 second delay!
Lets see...look for a mobile home one foot behind an Exsplorer and bring bolt cutters.....

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
85 pound Boxer.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
At $500, not sure if it's worth it just for keeping my $2500 Rappy safe... but my $16,000 Spyder is another story as is my enclosed trailer where I keep all my quads - The Spyder stays in my alarmed garage so I'm not too worried, but the trailer is outside, with a bunch of locks as deturrents to theft; but if a thief is determined enough... I'd be hurting if someone were to steal that trailer. I may look into this, afterall.
Wish id had something like this when mine was stolen.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea..its one of those things we put off...we think about it a lot, but always kick oursleves if something valuable gets taken from us....knowing we may have been able to prevent it someway.....I went thru this with LoJack on a bike.....I sure learned a lesson there......that was a big waste of $$$$$
Sorry for your loss though Firemann32

1 - 20 of 24 Posts