Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess it's time to get some sort of GPS system. I got lost in the trails for about an hour or so, i was so far out i couldnt even hear any other quads or bikes. I didn't like it at all. i was having so much fun i lost track of everything. anyway i was looking at a couple of the Garmin wrist systems but i want to know what you all recommend. Thanks for your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
My riddn bud caries a GPS with him and it's been a huge help a couple of times. I would buy one but he already has so.... I just use the $ on my Rappy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think i'm gonna go with the Garmin foretrex 201 Wrist mount GPS

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Costco has the magellan explorist on sale right now. I think they have a $120 rebate. Not a bad deal. I've been dropping hints with the wife. Hopefully I'll get it for x-mas.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
MONSTERMATT said:
HOW much that joint go for :3question:
yo matt, when we hook up next sat one of the guys has that, he can tell you the ups/downs of it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$115. free shipping on ebay

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
MONSTERMATT said:
must have some downs????? :3question:
yeah in thick trees it cant see the satelite's :banghead: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like you just saved me $115.00. Thanks any other you suggest?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
they are all the same, they are los( line of sight) just like satelite tv, cant see it ur fukced........ :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you go to a clearing it'll locate satelites very quickly and let you know where you are.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'm using this e-Trex with a Ram Mount on my ZX12R, after the bike gets parked for the year I'm going to put it on the Raptor..The mount came form GPScity.com and GPS came from e-bay...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sooooo now my question is this. do you (everyone) think that the foretrax is a good buy or not if all of them (GPS) get no signal in thick tree areas. :unsure: :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i bought a Garmin eTrex legend today for $110. i played with it for a while has some pretty cool features. Suppose to wrap it up until christmas, but think i'm going to wrap an empty box.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the Garmin e-Trex as well, it works fine for where I ride and we have some tall mountains around here, I have the handlebar mount, so I can see it while I am riding. I have yet to get lost, but I like it for top speed runs, or marking cool new spots I find while riding. Only problem I have is in cold weather, but I'm sure they will all be effected by the cold in one way or another.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts