Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who rides with a gps? i have always wanted one for rides and trails for a few reasons...

so i wouldnt get lost

so if someone crashed they would know exactly where via coordinates

cause they are cool haha

to set point and routes to favorite places such as certain bowls at pismo and competition hill.

and of course for quad bling!

i was just hoping soneone would point me in the right direction...

i like color ones, and i want to be able to save a butt load of points and close to 1k routes. doesnt need to be the best just something i can mount on the 700 and not worry about breaking or getting water/sand damage.
i love pismo so i need the water and sand proof one haha. also i kinda would like one i can update and save to my computer and one that i can just plot a route on while i go. let me know fellas!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I use a Garmin GPS 60 CS hand held when I take my Kodiak to hunting stands. I dont keep it attached to the bike, it stays in the shoulder strap of my back pack and I check it periodically either when I get close to my stand or I know I'm hopelessly lost!!! Cabela's sells a handle bar mounting system I believe. You might want to check that out. It's expensive though, to the tune of 80 bills.

·
Registered
154 Posts
my brother had just got a handheld gps as a gift, and it is pretty cool. it tell's you your top speed your average speed and it's not more than .2 mph off. also if you get in a crash you can phone in you position. nice little gadget.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a Garmin etrex mounted on my 700R with a bicycle mount you can purchase from Garmin for around 20 bucks. Never had a problem and the mount is small :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have some nice pics of GPS stand? I would like one, i would like to find a good place for it, on the bike.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I like my garmin rhino 520

it also has powerful 18 mile 2way radio, the rhino 530 tells tmp and elevation also I believe.....

overall I suggest garmin

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Here is another e-Trex as seen on my ZX12R, now that street bike season is pretty much over here I'll switch it over to the Raptor..I don't need the nav quite so much, its more of a trip computer than anything as the speedo on the Ninja is not real accurate up in the big numbers..... :confused: :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts