Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been going crazy looking for a grab bar that holds the light shroud and has fender mounts. I am looking at a blingstar grab bar that I found on eBay but it seems to have a curve that will end up hiding my tail light. Has any of you guys tried this one on your rappie, also is it better to have a cheap bar that bends or a strong one like the prm that might damage my sub frame if I hit it to hard doing a wheelie?

·
Registered
109 Posts
http://www.proarmor.com/product_p/y063059bl.htm
this is the one i got. it has fender mounts and holds up the tailight cover. have to trim the fender a bit and had to remove the muffler to get the bolts in but it seems pretty nice to me. took me about 25 mins to install.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ever hit it wheeling? Heard bad things about that bar. Apparently really flimsy.
Havent ridden with it yet... Installed it the day before i headed back to the slope for work. Looked decent but i guess ill find out in 4 days when i get home.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good let me know what you think of it.
bar itself seems stout enough but after a day of riding and smacking it a few times wheeling it seems to loosen up which then causes the whole ass of the machine to start falling apart. ive had to tighten the bolts (which i installed with RED loctite) after every ride... my third ride with it i was missing two bolts and my taillight cover had fallen off and was dangeling by the taillight wires.

dont really know what to think about this... more loctite and more abusive riding to come! :p

·
Registered
109 Posts
update:
pro armor rear grab bar is JUNK!
it kept getting loose while i was out riding and then one day it just snapped in half. if wasnt getting loose it was stretching at the bolt holes and getting thinner each time i tapped it on the ground during a wheelie. after about 6 hours of riding with it the thing completely broke off taking my tailligh cover and led tail light with it. gonna cost me about 250 to get new tail light and plastics and bumper.

yeah pro armor aluminum rear grab bar is junk if you do any kind of wheelies.. guess i shoulda done some research. anyone know of one that will handle the abuse of a few messed up wheelies whithout breaking??

·
Registered
850 Posts
PRM stuff is pretty tough. If you need a blue taillight cover and taillight PM me I've got one.

·
Registered
896 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts