Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically what the title says...I bought this 01 Raptor and the guy put grease all over the frame and rear end. He said he liked keeping the bushings and a-arms greased up. But it looks rediculous! Its so messy. Should I use a good degreaser or try to scrub it off with mild soap. Im worried about the degreaser peeling the paint off the frame. What do you guys suggest? Thanks!

edit: well its not ALL over the frame, mainly the a arms and the rear end. it needs a good degreasin bath, but im worried about the degreaser.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i used a steam cleaner on them. Be careful though as the heat and pressure could possibly damage seals and such.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Me wheni clean oil or grease off my rappy i use a strong degreaser i get form work.

looks great never had a prob with the paint. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GREAT!! Thanks a lot guys. I didnt expect so many responses. Cool! I'll try those in 8 days. :( My next day off! 8 straight freakin days in a row.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to manage a oil chane shop and we used a heavily concintrated degreaser on the painted floors. We never had a problem with it on paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts