Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 grease guns and i can grease car, heavy equipment and what ever there is but not my 660 or my Buddy's. Do i need a special connect or do i need to buy all new fittings?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have no trouble with my grease fittings. All my guns work fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
04 here......no problems, just needed to get a flexible line for the gun so I could get to all of them........I think the line cost 8.00 from autozone.
what is the problem you are having??

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
i am about to buy a grease gun. Anything in particular i should get?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Your problem is not the grease gun. It is hard to get grease in and then remove the gun because the grease is not properly getting into the joint and is held on by the back-pressure. This happens every once and a while particularily on the A-arms . Loosen the mount nuts and turn the thru-bolts a few rotations and your problems will be solved. If you have'nt lubed in a while you may need to remove the mount bolts completely and clean them.....

·
Registered
455 Posts
never had a prob getting the gun on it was only wheni had to get the damn thing off, that was a bitch but eventually it comes off. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
A340Mech said:
Your problem is not the grease gun. It is hard to get grease in and then remove the gun because the grease is not properly getting into the joint and is held on by the back-pressure. This happens every once and a while particularily on the A-arms . Loosen the mount nuts and turn the thru-bolts a few rotations and your problems will be solved. If you have'nt lubed in a while you may need to remove the mount bolts completely and clean them.....
Man I wish I would of known this....I just broke off a nipple trying to get the damn grease gun off!

·
Registered
133 Posts
wal mart with the flexi nozzle grease gun for 12$ and the sweet marine bearing grease forgot excatly how much (cheap)and no problems

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
for reference-if you don't know already..don't put marine grease in parts that rotate fast or cause a certain amount of friction..like the carrier bearing..it will destroy your bearings...marine grease hardens when it is heated continuely. I'm guessing it would be ok to use on these parts.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
What are you supposed to grease with? Lithium grease right?

·
Registered
120 Posts
90 degree grease fittings rock...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
What are you supposed to grease with? Lithium grease right?
I believe thats what is recommended, a general purpose grease is ok for light duty .

·
Registered
259 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
i am about to buy a grease gun. Anything in particular i should get?
Get the Lincoln battery powered, absolutley love it. Of course a little overkill for 8 grease zerts on the raptor but if you have any heavy equipment and do a lot of greasing definetly get it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Yes, we have one for the tractor-trailer, they are awesome! much better then air grease guns :grin_nod:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts