Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somebody post a link to a decent grease gun that wont cost me a shittload of cash and will be user friendly and i can use it on the rap!!! thanks im not all that mechanicLLY inclined so iam "learning" how to care for the bike THANKS

·
Registered
188 Posts
I use a standard size grease gun with a rubber hose and have no problems getting around the 700.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I use the standard type with a flex hose as well. I have the one that will take tubes or you can fill it from a bulk container by using the pull handle on the end for suction. Point about loosening end is a good one. Sometimes the fitting goes on good, but is a bitch to remove. Loosening the outer part of the fitting when it's stuck will usually rectify. The fitting is somewhat similar to the way a drill chuck works. A threaded piece on the end tightens against the clamps inside to fit on the grease nipples.

MK

·
Registered
120 Posts
ok i got some lithium grease multi purpose from pep boys is that ok to use or do i need lithium soap based specific grease??

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's the same thing.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i use a lithium complex grease, also it is hi pressure water proof and high tack, but probable no diff from the multi purp. grease..

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just snaped a grease nipple... again. What am I doing wrong. It goes on fine but then it wont come off. I've never had a problem like this with any of my other vehicles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Replace the lot man the Yam ones are made out of Bacofoil :lol: i put some 90 degree ones on makes the job a lot easyer, and try undoing the tip of the grease gun by half a turn might be a little tight?!?

·
Registered
120 Posts
size12 said:
Just an idea but i put 90 degree Zerks/ grease nipples on my A arms made it a lot easyer to grease her up :thumbsup:
I did this on my 660, makes using the grease gun a LOT easier. Especially my grease gun since I dont have the flexible end, its solid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.