Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a better grease Zerk then the factory zerks?

Anyone tried a pressure releasing zerk? or a buttin head zerk?

Is the a better zerk that doesn't brake so easy?

·
Registered
244 Posts
break so easy?

I have never broken a stock grease fitting.

unless you really wanna replace it with a different type knock yourself out

but the stock ones work good for me.. i mean they're pretty simple , you plug up, squeeze a few times and keep it topped off. i have never had any break

only thing i have had happen but i think it's grease gun related is that i have a hard time getting the cable off. but i believe its because the cord is twisted into tight spots ( for the A arms).

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
They do break super easy so just try to be careful, and have tried ones from auto stores but didn't like it so went back to expensive soft stock ones, I too would be curious if someone has found something better. Free bump for a good question:bump:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Same here broke one first time i greased them and changed out for some automotive ones. All good now but i would be extra panzy on the stock ones they are crap. I bet anything else is better than those stock fittings. It snapped without much pressure on my part same as all the rest of the bolts on the rappy be carefull. Ill buy the full bolt kits on ebay and change them out gradually when i have a chance to get to them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I broke a couple. s i went to a industrial hardware store and bought the same size. but i got some 90 degree fitting. the grease gun not only comes off easier, its much easier to get to everything. havent broke another fitting yet

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
90 degree ya thats a great idea. Thanx man.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So 6mm it is. I called Eugene Fastener and they had 90s and 45s so I bought a bunch of both. They work well except some of the timing is off on them and they are facing different directions but overall much better than stock.

Additionally I think a 2.5 or 3mm hex key removed the broken zero with no issues.

~A

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Of it really bothers you or are hard to grease you could place thin washer or shim under the grease fitting so they are timed the way you want them I would supposs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
That thought did cross my mind, trust me. MY OCD is rearing its ugly head :)

I also bought 1doz 45deg 6mm zero fittings, I am going to see which allow for greater accessibility to lube these A-Arms. The Rear swing arm will definitely be a 45deg not that it really needs it though, other than the stock zero fittings being utter garbage.

~A

Of it really bothers you or are hard to grease you could place thin washer or shim under the grease fitting so they are timed the way you want them I would supposs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts