Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After readin the other thread about there being no grease in the 700 when it rolls off of the show room floor, I decided to give mine a once over with the grease gun. Low and behold it's a good thing I did! Most grease points were severely lacking...

Suggestion to new 700 owners... GREASE UP! :crazy:

·
Registered
390 Posts
did you check the rear end for grease? i would

also to just a note I called the dealer and he is going to see what Yamaha will do about this ( I hope replace my bearing, etc) unit is NOT in warranty any more :( So i hope they will do something about it...fun thing is I took it to the dealer for the "first check up" hummm make you wonder....

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've been greasing all my nipples (haha), but seriously... when i first did it, they seemed to take alot.

Anyone notice the nipple onthe top of the swingarm that lubes the shock pivot doesnt seal very well?

·
Registered
390 Posts
what type of grease you using for the grease gun?

thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
I cant remember the brand - it comes in a tube for use in a grease gun.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
n3me5is said:
I cant remember the brand - it comes in a tube for use in a grease gun.

lol, are you sure it goes in a grease gun? :grin_nod:

I am using a white greast. looks a lot neater than some of the others. but Yeah, I as well, noticed the first time I greased my "nipples" that my rear swingarm took A LOT. in both places upper and lower. and then my upper a-arms also took quite a bit.. good thing to keep an eye on for sure!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Are there any grease fittings in the swingarm pivot? I mean where it bolts to the frame? I looked but cant see any. If not do you have to pull it off to service it? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
did not see any way to check rear end for grease-explain please

·
Registered
21 Posts
the rear does NOT TAKE GREASE and does NOT NEED grease they are sealed bearings do not take it apart to grease it the guy who said that does not know what hes talking about.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Went around mine with a greese gun last night.. mine took a little bit but not much.. so they were almost full. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
yes yes the more grease the better. try to allway's grease up after every ride. it's removes any sand that get's inbetween. just make sure the quad and nipples are clean, you know what nipples im talking about. you dont want to get anysand pushed into it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was down at a bike shop on the weekend and he advised to grease regulary as Yamaha are pretty light on when greasing from the factory from new. So i get home and like some others, all nipples took a fair bit of grease. Also, should i be using a Lithium Soap Based Grease like it states in the owners manual??? I searched at several places and couldn't find any that were soap based, just lithium only.... Can anyone tell me if it really needs to be soap based???? :help:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, lithium soap base is the same as lithium based. So, that's what it says to use huh? I've always used the Bel Ray waterpoof stuff for my bearings, I believe it is Aluminum complex and not lithium...where in the manual does it say to grease the chassis with Lithium?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Page 8-42, 43, 44 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have ridden my quad well over 20 hours and keep checking the filter(gytr)and it never gets dirty.Am i checking it wrong or something?Most of the times i went riding was in massachusetts and it was raining every other day for awile so it kept the dust down.Just seems wierd after hearing in here people cleaning thier filter after every ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, not odd,
In the Winter, or where you are not following anyone in the dry dusty dirt, your air intake is typically clean. Heck, in the snowy winter in Minnesota we never even looked at the air cleaner. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
not at my bike right now... but im pretty sure there is one on each a-arm... (4) and then one on the swingarm (1) =5

like i said i am not at my bike..... just the ones i can recall off the top of my head.... im sure its in the book somewhere..

Plattner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts