Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this review on the Grizzly and this is a copy/paste from the article about all you have to do is punch a few buttons on the display and you gain 16% more hp?

Yamaha offers FREE power increases

Here's a first in the ATV industry. You can increase the Grizzly's power by 16% in seconds with no money and no tools! Check out our video for exact instructions.
Having done some modifications on previous fuel injected quads, I have become intimately familiar with the workings of fuel modules like those from Dobeck and the PowerCommander from Dynajet. If you’ve recently gone and purchased one of these units for your new Grizzly, please bend over and ask someone close to you to give you a swift kick in the ass! The crew at ATV Scene has made a pretty incredible discovery and we’re proud to be the first to announce our findings to the world. Now aren't you glad you decided to read this article?

What if I told you there was a way to increase the performance of your new 2007 Grizzly by 16% without making a phone call or spending a dime? It turns out that by following a very precise procedure of pushing buttons on the LCD gauge pod, you can raise or lower the amount of fuel being dumped into the cylinder of the Yamaha Grizzly, and by doing so, increase horsepower. Our Grizzly came from the factory with a setting of “0”. But we discovered that this setting can be raised to a maximum setting of “126”.

For our test, we setup an eighth mile drag race and began to play with the settings. On the opposite end of the drag strip was an accurately calculated radar gun. As a baseline test and in stock form with only the GYTR exhaust and a setting of “0”, we were only able to hit 51mph by the end of the eighth mile strip. As we raised the amount of fuel by adjusting the settings in the instrument panel, we progressively picked up speed. At the conclusion of the test, we were actually able to increase the speed to the end of the eighth mile to 59mph, which is an increase of 16%. At this hotter setting, the Grizzly definitely made more horsepower. The rear tires clawed for traction while the fronts got catapulted towards the sky. It was an incredibly important discovery and our hats are off to Yamaha for actually making this process possible.

http://www.atvscene.com/machines/yamaha/grizzlyexperiment-07.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so basiclly these guys are just dumping too much fuel into the motor without getting more air in with it to even it out, wont that hurt the motor?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a friend with an 07 grizzly 700 and he tried this and it didnt make much of a difference and it wouldn't idle...

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Just kept trying different settings. Ive been curious if you could hook up on of the grizzly control panels to a Raptor. I know there are some minor differences in the motor but not sure if you could or not. They cost to much anyway :lol:

If I remember right its enough extra fuel for running a full exhaust and filter but was lean if removed the lid but dont quote that its been awhile since I read it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd like to find someone that knows what setting to put the fuel on, my dad is thinking about one in the future

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The speeds are based on only 1/8 a mile. It's great that they get up to 51MPH by then but I'd be more interested in top speed.
I've got a buddy with a 2004 660 Grizzly that runs in excess of 63MPH stock - no GYTR pipe or others mods and has a smaller, older motor than a 700.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Although this is an old post.. The ideling issue you can adjust easy with your idle screw, of course you need to adjust that. you do need something like a K&N filter to add greater airflow, probably also even some airholes in the cover (see image, it sucks hot air from the motor in the airbox), to give it cool air. Its not just setting the amount of fuel , its setting a combination of the big 3 air, fuel and exhaust. You can adjust it in C1 in the diagnose, just run some tests.. I believe i have it on 70, it makes some difference if you start the engine before and after you notice it sounds a little more aggressive.. I was not aiming for the moon here, just to add a little umpf, you can add some clutch shimms also. they cost 10$ on amazon. that and an exhaust tip, instead of the dbkiller should get you a good as free powerboost on the 2007 700 grizzly. Best performance upgrade you will ever get for under 50$

1 - 13 of 13 Posts