Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pewterpecker said:
Why don't you just follow the wire down???
There wasnt one there from the start. Iam building this quad from scratch. and dont know where they ground negative battery wire to. Thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
if it is the really small one it goes to the motor by the front sproket near the bottom

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
negative cable runs from the battery along the left side of the sub frame almost to the main frame and then turns down toward the motor. Factory mounting was one of the center case bolts, a better option is one of the starter mounting bolts.
There is also a black wire comming out of the wireing harness near the frame/subframe intersection that will go to the battery. It's a single wire plug near the group of multiwire plugs by the petcock.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
firstraptor said:
negative cable runs from the battery along the left side of the sub frame almost to the main frame and then turns down toward the motor. Factory mounting was one of the center case bolts, a better option is one of the starter mounting bolts.
There is also a black wire comming out of the wireing harness near the frame/subframe intersection that will go to the battery. It's a single wire plug near the group of multiwire plugs by the petcock.
Thanks FirstRaptor!!! if you could get a pic for me of the other single black wire will do. I started this project from scratch and have no other raptor around to look at. lots of thanks to you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Doupt I'll get to it soon, it's just a single black wire with a bullit connector connector comming out of the harness, it's a semiclear/whitish color. I believe it's the only single plug in that area. The other end goes down to the motor end of the negative terminal and is crimped there, you could take it directly to the battery if you like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts