Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[size=10pt][size=10pt]GROUP BUY APRIL 7, 2008!!! We need at least 10 people!!![/size][/size]

The skinny.... the clutch normally sells for $250 + the inner hub ($65) or it can be modified, sounds like worst case... $315. 8) http://gigotracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=1 The drawing here shows what needs to be modified. Only the PINK AREA needs to be shaved .070. So if you can do that yourself... you'll save an addition $65 from what I PM the price to be. :thumbsup:

Here is a review thread with pics. http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=38549.msg479563#msg479563

THE LIST. :) The list for 1st group 4/7/08 The list for the 2nd group

1. SandDragon 1. SandDragon- no hub 1. Sand84
2. dabigbratj 2. jetpilot 2. noazrappy
3. flatlineracing 3. Sandeater
4. W69DY 4. kilr95ss - no hub
5. 1fst690 5. homdaddy 660
6. 1FastRaptorSE 6. willykiller 660
7. bigbonder 7. studdish
8. pw383426 8. 03RaptorCV 660
9. open 9. bigbonder
10. BARNETT RACING 10. White Rider - no hub
11. russ 11. burlyrider142
12. burlyrider142 12. Craysy - no hub
13. JustinB 13. Flybyraptor
14. studdish 14. valetman
15. Sandeater 15. raptorjaredwa
16. jetpilot
17. Sand84
18. Limited660 660
19. Crunkman
20. noazrappy
21. YellowistheFastest
22. kilr95ss
23. homdaddy 660
24. willykiller 660 (Canada)
25. landshark55 660
26. Kvnatv 660
27. ShawnTRD
28. 03RaptorCV 660
29. White Rider
30. StrkrMn 660
31. Craysy
32. Flybyraptor
33. valetman
34. GYTRDUN
35. raptorjaredwa

If you would like to be removed from this list... please PM me!!! If I missed PMing you the detalis... please let me know!!! Holy crap, this is alot to try to keep straight. :lol: :lol: :lol: Lemme know if I missed something and I'll try to get it straightend out. :thumbsup:

Payment via PayPal or Credit Card.

660's ARE INCLUDED!!!! SAME PRICE!!!!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Re: (possible) GROUP BUY SLINGSHOT LOCKUP!!!!

let me know price when you get it ill just need 1 row of barings

·
Registered
381 Posts

Will this GB include 660's also?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

I am interested in this buy. Please put me on the list and PM the price when available. Thanks

Kory

·
Its all about the trophy!
2,507 Posts

Down from day 1! Price dependant of course 8)

·
Registered
661 Posts

SandDragon said:
The skinny.... the clutch normally sells for $250 + the inner hub ($65) or it can be modified, sounds like worst case... $315. 8) I dunno what needs to be modified... but when I know... you will know. :thumbsup:

you have to shave the inner hub down like 60 or 80 thousands and take 1 fiber and 1 steal out so it will fit inside the stock cover with no mods to the cover. or you just buy the ones he already has for 65 bucks.

i run one of these and i promise you will not be disapointed with this lockup. it hooks the clutch up hard.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts

I wonder what the group purchase price would be, if it's cheap enough I might just get one

·
Registered
430 Posts

i might be intrested depending on the price.......

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

WOW 10 folks pending in 2 hours!!! Hopefully Kevin answers the phone... or I'm gonna get lynched!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll find out as much as I can and post up Monday night. I work 2nd shift so it will prolly be midnight-ish.

I will also ask him how he wants to handle the more technical questions you may have. gpracerx is his screen name... I dunno if PM's or e-mails or phone calls will be best. I will also see how payment will be handled... when and in what form. So those of you with Q's... hang in there, I'll relay all the info I can as soon as I can.

Let's make this happen fellas!!! 8)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

Put me down as a maybe. I just figured my taxes and somehow I owe Uncle Sam about $1100. I might be done modding for a while. :'(

·
Registered
55 Posts

I'm in. Mark me down and let me know when and how much

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

SandDragon said:
WOW 10 folks pending in 2 hours!!! Hopefully Kevin answers the phone... or I'm gonna get lynched!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll find out as much as I can and post up Monday night. I work 2nd shift so it will prolly be midnight-ish.

I will also ask him how he wants to handle the more technical questions you may have. gpracerx is his screen name... I dunno if PM's or e-mails or phone calls will be best. I will also see how payment will be handled... when and in what form. So those of you with Q's... hang in there, I'll relay all the info I can as soon as I can.

Let's make this happen fellas!!! 8)
I TRIED TO GET A GROUP BUY WITH THEM, BUT GOT NO ANSWER. I GAVE THEM ALL THE NECESSARY INFORMATION THAT THE HIGHLY SUCCESSFULL CCP GROUP BUYS HAVE DONE AND STILL NUFFIN!

Good luck dood!

I am opting out on this GB, I do not see the need for my type of riding.

-7-

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts

My thoughts on using this for woods: I would say if you are in deep mud or reving hard this would be great, I can feel the clutch pull get harder the faster it spins. So if you need to get the power to the ground Yes, if you need to slip the clutch alot then no because after 2000 rpm this thing locks up and gets harder to hold the clutch in. PS I am only using one ballbearing and do not ever see the need for the second one to be added, I think drag racing only maybe. Hope this helps out.

·
Registered
661 Posts

its stiff but you can pull it. i run both rows of bearings and have only missed one gear, and that was the first day i had it installed.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

okieraptor said:
its stiff but you can pull it. i run both rows of bearings and have only missed one gear, and that was the first day i had it installed.
Did you have to take out extra plates to run BOTH rows of bearings. I know you have to take out 2 plates for the 1 row, but do you have to take out anything else for the second row.

Thanks

Kory

·
Registered
661 Posts

no, you take out 1 fiber and 1 steal, wiether you use 1 row or 2, it does not matter.

·
Registered
661 Posts

I think up to about 80hp you should good with 1 row. After 80 put the second row in. This is just my guess so dont take it as absolute.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts