Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guidelines regarding Avatars and Signature pictures ***UPDATED 6-17-08***

1. Nudity is not permitted in the OPEN forums, this has been a standing rule from the beginning.

2. Pictures of scantily clad men or women, even if someone is making a joke, requires a "not work safe" (NWS or NSFW) tag in the subject line of the thread.

3. Neither type of these pictures are permitted in member signatures or avatars. Nor are items deemed to be excessively vulgar or obscene. This is because unlike threads, members cannot be warned ahead of time of a NWS avatar or signature. We want members to be able to browse the forums without fearing what their boss/significant other/children might inadvertently see or what might be left in the computer history.

4. Please try to keep the size of the signature files around a half a megabyte (512k) or less. I'm not going to crucify someone with a 600k file but when they get close to a megabyte in size it can take even broadband users a long time to load a page.

5. There is now a guideline for signature image size. Signature images are not to exceed 640 pixels wide or 300 pixels tall (300x640 max size). I'm not going to yell at people who are 5 pixels off but keep it close.

6. If a banner image or signature line advertisement does not promote a current site sponsor or vendor, it's not allowed in your signature. This is a clarification of the relationship between signatures and advertising policy.

Edit: In case there is any confusion here, the names of other forums/organizations/companies/your personal sponsors/etc are NOT permitted in signatures whether as a link, picture, or text.

The VIP area has no restrictions on content posted but the Avatar and Signature guidelines hold true for all members regardless of status. Besides, there's plenty of room and existing content in the "Anything Goes" area to keep VIP members entertained without posting it in your profile.

If there are concerns about an individual's signature or avatar we ask that you contact a moderator/administrator who will make the final judgment regarding appropriateness.

When posting your own signatures and avatars please use your best judgment. The administrator/moderators have no desire to individually pre-approve everyone's signatures and avatars but we will deal with problems that arise. If there are any questions please post here or contact one of us directly.

Thanks for making this a great place for everyone. :thumbsup:

Mike

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i hate to be a prude but yeah, this stuff REALLY helps when i'm surfing at work....there have been a couple of times that might have cost me my job.....seriously

but, on the other hand, i probably shouldn't be surfing at work.....except on my lunch break! :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To help make the board easier to read for everyone (even those of us with large monitors) this guideline has been added.

5. There is now a guideline for signature image size. Signature images are not to exceed 600 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall (300x600). I'm not going to yell at people who are 5 pixels off but keep it close.

·
Registered
330 Posts
hey mad dog, is my sig too big? i plan on putting my 660 on here, but until i find my usb cable quagmire will have to do. lol. i think it is too big, do you?

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Enumerated a part of advertising policy as part of this list.

And while you're reading the new #6, please brush up on rules 1-5 too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Test Post

Also if you have any questions about whether or not your avatar is acceptable feel free to post in this thread for evaluation ;)
New members from the Oregon Coast wanting to say hi. Attended the Rally last weekend @ WB and wanted to say great job Chris and everybody else who were involved with the organization of it. Checking the avatar and signature pics for correct sizing, or even working, as this is whopping post #1 for us....Lance

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.