Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent purchased a pipe yet, as money is an issue right now, but am looking to get a power commander to run with the yamaha high flow air filter, no air box lid, and the spark arrestor removed. I spoke with Fuel Moto and they said they have a map for this set up. Are there any problems with this setup? Do I absolutely need the Power Commander to run this set up? I'd rather error on the side of safety and buy it because I know I'll need it down the road when I can afford my pipe anyways. With the power commander, high flow filter, and spark arrestor out do I run the risk of damaging my engine at all? Any thoughts appreciated.

What about with the spark arrestor in, and the high flow filter...is a power commander necessary? I'm building up my bike in stages and wanted to know when I absolutely need the Power Commander. Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
From my understanding, the bike runs lean out of the box anyway. So, any mod you do to increase airflow will further lean it out...further necessitating the need for a full management system. You run the risk of engine damage if you run lean too long.

·
Registered
148 Posts
yes definaltly get a programer according to my spark plug i could run mine without the lid and yes it does give me more power but im not taking that chance

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just got the airfilter and adapter plate from Yamaha today, and I have a GYT-R slip-on on the way(thanks GrizzlyGreg!). I talked with the service guy and he said "it should be just fine without a programmer". Hmmm... I got the 3 year warrenty, so if I run GYT-R parts and I blow it up they said they'll cover it. Anyway, for now I'm running with the GTY-R airfilter, no lid and the GYT-R slip-on exhaust, I'll let you know how long it lasts.... :grin_nod: Although, going into winter, I think it'll be a little harder to overheat, so it may last a while.

Hey, white700r, how long did it take to blow up? Was it covered?

·
Registered
572 Posts
i am quickly putting my lid and spark arrestor back on. but ill leave the speed limiter unplugged for now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
speed limiter tell me some more about that

·
Registered
98 Posts
texasraptor08 said:
speed limiter tell me some more about that
"Search" is your friend.... Use it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am running mine fully stock but with spark arrester out only. Is this ok? the lid is on and everything i just wanted the noise from the exhaust.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Killbot said:
I am running mine fully stock but with spark arrester out only. Is this ok? the lid is on and everything i just wanted the noise from the exhaust.
Does anyone else have this setup ??? Any iNFO appreciated

Thank You

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sniper55 said:
Killbot said:
Does anyone else have this setup ??? Any iNFO appreciated

Thank You
You'll be 100% safe with that setup as the spark arrestor only stops sparks from coming out the end of your exhaust and has sfa effect on increased airflow :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts