Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...I went to the local yamaha dealer today and I was asking him some questions about power commmanders and what exhaust system to use?? He said that the gyt-r full system is the best out there. I looked around and I found the article on the 2006 raptor pipe shoot out from the atv rider mag. Also the dealer told me that the 660 was just as fast or faster as the 700..and the 700 had a rev limiter?? WTF is that?? Something that lets your engine go to a certain rpm and not go over?? If so is that a bad thing?? Thanks again:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry about pile, some of these fellas think cuz they been posting a year or two they are gods. GYTR isnt the best pipe, the guy just said that cuz he wants to sell yamaha gear. GYTR is a good pipe but far from the best, one good thing about GYTR stuff is it wont void your extended warranty. As far as the 660 being faster than the 700, i think he is just in denial cuz his 660 is getting smoked by 700. Stock v. Stock and mod to mod the 700 is faster. There is a speed sensor and I believe there is a rev limiter. I remember reading boom's post saying he was bouncing off a rev limiter in 5th gear. The speed sensore can be unplugged to increase top speed with the 3 mods.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ya, my dealer told me that the gyt-r full exhaust was the way to go, so i told them to throw one on. A week later i was online talking with woody, he told me i needed the PCIII or i would be running real lean. So i called the dealer, he said that woody was right, and he forgot to tell me. (WTF). So now i have both.
As for the revlimiter, check out the forum in:

Raptor 700 Categories / Raptor 700 Modifications / 5th gear harness

The topic is basicaly on a part that disables it.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I run the GYTR and so does alot of MX race teams. Its splitting hairs sometimes the differences between pipes. The 700 has a timing retard in 5th and is also faster than a 660 by a tenth of a second in the 1/8 mile consistently....which it should be, 660 vs 686.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
bta15 said:
Sorry about pile, some of these fellas think cuz they been posting a year or two they are gods...
WTF, yeah sorry I tried to help. I did not go into the speed sensor because I know there is one thread on here that looks at the speeds sensor and what it does from about every angle. There are also pictures of what it looks like, so you don't unplug the wrong one and post of people that did LOL and what the effect was.

I did not comment on his other questions, because I have no real knowledge there.

Seriously what is your problem? Don’t bother apologizing for me anymore...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Why would yamaha introducer a quad thats SLOWER than it's predecessor?? :confused:

·
Registered
497 Posts
No offense pil, but everytime someone asks a question even mentioned once before you tell them to do a search..Who cares if someone else posted something on it, he didn't ask if they did. Could just let some other people tell him what he wants to know.

·
Registered
305 Posts
ILoveRaptors said:
No offense pil, but everytime someone asks a question even mentioned once before you tell them to do a search..Who cares if someone else posted something on it, he didn't ask if they did. Could just let some other people tell him what he wants to know.
Now Now boys. Both sides have good points.
No need to flood the forums with the same info over and over again. It helps keep things organized and flowing with new topics. But i see your point of wanting to answer each persons question.
I dont think its bad to refer them to a search button, but some times it might be better if you do the search for them. Anyhow the topic has been descussed before and the search button is there to be used. But most of the time i find you dont even need to use the search button. Theis topic was on the front page already anyways. All you have to do is scroll the first page before you post.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
BigGixxerJim said:
Why would yamaha introducer a quad thats SLOWER than it's predecessor?? :confused:
GOOD POINT.

Ok as for the GYTR beening the best, hummm maybe but not likely. All single exhaust are about the same +/- 1 to 2 HP's. I picked my single exhaust for the looks, it matched my quad. Others pick there exhuast by the way they sound. For HP you need to go with duals either DMC's or LTE's. They cost alot about $700-850... But remember if you add anything to your bike that changes the air/fuel mixture you need a controller. Like you said a PCIII is perfect, thats what i have. I got mine from www.fuelmoto.com ask for Jamie and tell him your apart of this forum. He will give you free shipping ($259 shipped). GOOD lucky man -- WOODY

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
W69DY said:
But remember if you add anything to your bike that changes the air/fuel mixture you need a controller. Like you said a PCIII is perfect, thats what i have. I got mine from www.fuelmoto.com ask for Jamie and tell him your apart of this forum. He will give you free shipping ($259 shipped). GOOD lucky man -- WOODY
Yup i just ordered mine today from Fuel moto :thumbsup: He said they sponsor the site but they havent got a banner up yet.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
ILoveRaptors said:
Do you even know wtf you are talking about? I hardly ever tell anyone to do a search. I usually give them the link to click on at the least and most times the link is accompanied with a quick answer. No reason to reinvent the wheel every time someone asks what one is. Not only that I did not have time for an explanation, but knew by telling him what key words to search for he would find his answer quick seeing how he was thinking it was the rev limiter.

There is more info in the speed sensor thread than he will get from a quick answer. I thought he wanted to know about the speed sensor I was just letting him know there is thread out there, and I said to get his spectacles as a joke because the thread has a ton of info.

You flamers are ridiculous, don’t flame me because I tried to help. If you want to give me shit next time just PM me and live this bullshit off the boards.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey everyone,

Pile man theres no hard feelings and rememrber Im a newfie so I can appreciate a good joke. I hear everyone talking about a speed limiter. Remember im a newbie and I got a few questions. Before that guys thanx for the quick answers...its much appreciated. About the speed sensor...im curious for example in my car....there is a limit to how fast my car goes..it will go as fast as 170 kph....and also where its a manual I can rev is out until about 6500 rpm and it wont go past that. I know that bikes and cars are different..but in regards to the rap 700 does the speed sensor apply to how fast I can go or how many rpm's the engine will turn out??? Thanx for your replys they are much appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
the speed sensor limits ur top speed and has nothing to do with ur rpm's. U will only benefit from disconnecting the speed sensor if u have the 3 mods or more because stock doesnt have enough power.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
exactly..... some of us are or have worked out a way to keep the speed sensor and have a quick way to turn it off for all out drag racing. it is in the 5th gear "what ever" thread on the first page, last post..

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Ok, since no one will go read the thread that already covered the issue of the speed sensor I will give a quick answer, but like I said before there is more information in the thread. It has absolutely nothing to do with what gear you are in, the rev limiter, or how fast you are going. It monitors the rpms of the output shaft and that is how it determines when to retard your timing. If you got your output shaft going at the determined rpm it would retard you timing no matter what gear you are in.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
stonny9 said:
the speed sensor limits ur top speed and has nothing to do with ur rpm's. U will only benefit from disconnecting the speed sensor if u have the 3 mods or more because stock doesnt have enough power.
That is not completely accurate you can still hit the speed limiter on a stock bike, especially if you are on a slight down hill grade.

·
Registered
147 Posts
THE SPEED SENSOR ONLY AFFECTS 5TH GEAR YOUR REV LIMITER AFFECTS YOUR RPM IN EVERY GEAR IF YOU OVER REV YOU CAN HURT YOUR MOTOR LIKE THE VALUES YOU MIT FLOT ETC.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts