Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a GYTR Oval exhaust system. I like the noise level of the stock exhaust (i ride mine to work sometimes) But i want the added performance a pipe gives.. It is a used system with head pipe as well. How loud is the "quiet" tip for this pipe? Is it comparable to stock? Any input would be good

Thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wish I could ride mine to work. :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
My understanding is it is louder than stock, but not much. MOst importantly, it is a WHOLE lot quieter than the comp tip!

·
Registered
206 Posts
It is comparible to the stock pipe with the tip which is 93.1 decibles

·
Registered
45 Posts
As you know the GYTR exhaust s really loud, the tip defenetly quite it down

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought the race pipe with the quad and it is pretty loud, I believe they said it is 102 db in the gytr catalog. I bought the quiet end cap ( 3 small holes instead of 1 big one and it had a long funnel that fits all the way down inside the spark arrestor screen) for $60 from my local Yamaha dealer (rip off) and it definately sounds closer to stock than the race pipe. It bolted right on and is below the 96 db level. I like it to keep the neighbors happy.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome.. thats the same situation i am in too (neighbors) and i just bought the oval pipe, and head pipe on Raptor Forums.. just wanted to know if i can get close to stock noise with the quiet tip

·
Registered
206 Posts
lowridin88 said:
Awesome.. thats the same situation i am in too (neighbors) and i just bought the oval pipe, and head pipe on Raptor Forums.. just wanted to know if i can get close to stock noise with the quiet tip
I am going with the same system including the the tip to keep it quiet 93.1 decibels, and still gain a little more horse.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have both tips for the muffler and the quiet one sounds close to stock w a little more rappier sound to it, maybe a hair louder .Theres also quite a bit noticably less power than w the opened end. But I also have the lady across the street who hates my raptor baddd. Its nice to have for the dunes, parks and trails when you need to get in bcuz of your sound decibals being too loud,if it happens. A real quick change that makes it nice and ez.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, so i have my stock muffler with spark arrestor out... Is it quieter than that? Cuz its pretty loud without that in..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Its been a while since had stocks on but im thinkin the quiet tip is probly quieter w/o your arrestor in now. That might be a tuff call bcuz I know when u get on it its still gonna rap up on noise but w no arrestor in the stock thats a good hunk of guts coming out of it. I have got next to a totally new stock 1 recently, and man is that thing quiet. I guess im not sure why u want to change it unless your plannin puttin on fuel programmer and some air intake. If quiet is the goal then i wouldnt remove it at all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was considering the GYTR exhaust -quiet tip. I need to try to keep the quad somewhat quiet, but does this exhaust canister give the Raptor a more aggressive sound (not speaking of decibals)?

·
Registered
166 Posts
MoMo700R said:
I was considering the GYTR exhaust -quiet tip. I need to try to keep the quad somewhat quiet, but does this exhaust canister give the Raptor a more aggressive sound (not speaking of decibals)?
Definately. I removed the spark arrestor and installed the quiet tip. It sounds alot better than stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am looking into an aftermarket pipe like many here. But, I need to keep the decibels down as there is starting to be quite a few restrictions out there. Like Pismo Beach, I believe you can't be any louder than 93 dbs. And they check. We'll probably see more of this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Back in December I put on a Two Bros M-7 slip-on. They are very awesome and go well with the yellow raptor! If I had to do it all again I would definitely go with them again...no doubts, no questions.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My GYTR quiet core actually degraded/melted at cone.Never made 96db either more like 98db.I inserted 3 tubes in cone shape,welded them together and put a washer on end slightly off the ends of tube.Works great.Has a slight whistle to it at idle kind of like a old VW Bug!Anyway this made 94-95db at 3200rpm or whatever the rpm the book calls for sound testing.Has been reliable but does really take the edge off powerwise.But what else can you do.Looks kind of ratty but works and you dont see that anyway when its in the can.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all this is my 1st post on here and i am looking for any tips and advice for my 2006 700r raptor.I'm a bit of a noob on quad bikes as i have rode scooters most of the time,so i'm new to quads,what i'd like to know is my raptor has no spark arrestor in that i can see anyways and it's really loud,so to avoid complaints from the neighbours,

1. Whats the most cost effective and quietest exhaust for a raptor?
2. Is it possible to make a raptor sound like a normal motorbike for example a yamaha R1 or is it because the way the raptor engine is made,i know you can put a R1 engine on a raptor cos i've seen the vids on you tube,i just want to know if its possible to achieve the same sort of sound without going to the expense of changing the engine.

Many Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts