Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i use the K&N cleaning solution and oil for the gytr air filter? or do i need the yamaha specific cleaners and oil?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yamaha doesn't have a foam filter cleaning solution. They do have "element oil" as they call it, to re-oil your filter after you clean it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool just wanted to make sure the K&N stuff were ok to use on gytr filters..thks again

·
Registered
379 Posts
Rather than starting a new thread I'll ask it here..............

How much oil should you apply to the filter after a clean?

I sprayed three light coats and noticed the following day that not all of the filter was pink. Some sections were more blackish. Do the black areas suggest not enough oil? Given that they warn against over oiling just how much oil should you apply.

Cheers

·
Registered
187 Posts
Once you have the filter clean and dry. I then spray one coat on the filter, wait a half hour spray a second light coat making sure to hit the spots that didn't trun pink. As for the dark or blackish parts, thats probably the oil breaking dirt loose from the filter. Depending on how much dirt the oil breaks loose, you might want to clean it again.
Brandon

·
Registered
379 Posts
lost_g_i said:
Once you have the filter clean and dry. I then spray one coat on the filter, wait a half hour spray a second light coat making sure to hit the spots that didn't trun pink. As for the dark or blackish parts, thats probably the oil breaking dirt loose from the filter. Depending on how much dirt the oil breaks loose, you might want to clean it again.
Brandon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.