Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this 06 raptor with super low hours, I love this thing. The guy that I got it from had all the aftermarket part installed at the dealer. It has gytr exhaust and air box. He told me that it was a full system but I can not realy tell if the header is stock or not. Is there any way to tell. I would say that the bike has less then 20 hours on it. I got it for $3800 and it looks like a new bike. It has Moose racing full skids and bumper, Holeshots and gytr parts all installed at the dealer new. This thing must have scared the crap out of this guy. what does GYTR stand for?? Well Thanks for any Info.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
genuine team yamaha racing. the only way i would think you could tell with the header is if it is smooth where the 2 pipes go down to 1. you absolutely need to get a fuel controller!! even tho these have fi, they arent able to adjust for a better flowing exhaust or intake. this is like jetting it with the push of a button. it is probably running very lean right now which is bad. check your plug to see what color it is. it should be a medium brown color. light brown/tan is lean.

BUT it still looks like a good deal. enjoy that thing and welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
If i remember right the header is stock on the Gytr exhaust basically from the stock beader flange back is the Gytr if i remember right

·
Registered
415 Posts
If i remember right the header is stock on the Gytr exhaust basically from the stock beader flange back is the Gytr if i remember right
i think you are right. even if it is different, its not much different and if you want more power, you should buy a new full exhaust. but you still should get a fuel controller now!!! :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the full gytr exhaust. How is that heat shield held on? My pipes dont have anyhow to attach the stock heat shield. And lord I need one. Thx.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i'd def get a fuel controller. slip-on or not, since you said it has the filter too, you're already pushing it.

even though the guy said it has low hours, the guy rode it enough to wear the stock tires down since they aren't on anymore...unless he bought it and immediately got rid of the stockers, which is a possibility too....then who knows how long he rode it. if it's showing signs of being lean, then search around for a fuel controller. enjoy your new raptor...esp once the weather around here gets a little better! lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
i saw a trinity controller in the for sale section for $90. they are usually $180-$220 for that style new.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He even had the tires and skid plate put on before it was even picked up from the dealer. I am going to put on a fuel controller very soon. I just sold my 08 kfx450 it had a powercomander on it. Was cool to plug it in to a laptop. I do not miss the KFX that much.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Arn't the gytr headers shinny? That looks like stock heads with a gytr slip on

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
That's just the slip on on stock headers. Just to double check take the heat shield off and see if its not the ugliest welds you've ever seen. It don't look like its been rode much either. Theres not boot marks on the frame and scuffing on the plastic.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
He even had the tires and skid plate put on before it was even picked up from the dealer. I am going to put on a fuel controller very soon. I just sold my 08 kfx450 it had a powercomander on it. Was cool to plug it in to a laptop. I do not miss the KFX that much.
Did you not like the kfx or do you just like the raptor more? My next bike was gonna be a 450 but I haven't been able to get much input on them. Seems like no one has them..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Nice quad bud! That looks like a stock header with a slip on gytr. The only way to know for sure is if you take the heat shield off. Where the two header pipes converge...is it a collector or is is still two seperate pipes welded together? If its a one piece collector thats stock. The gytr is two seperate head pipes welded together where they join.
If it doesnt have a fuel controller i wouldnt ride it. VERY lean. There is a dyno over at modded raptor with a stock exhaust sparky removed lid off that showed a LOSS in hp and a VERY lean condition. I cant imagine what a pipe and intake is like without a fuel controller..yikes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts