Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have the PC-III powercommander is the GYTR billet intake and the high flow filter worth the $$? I am going to keep the stock pipes on it for now, but I didnt know if the filter was worth putting on with the stock pipes or not. Any advice on the intake?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
If you put the high flow filter/adapter and remove the airbox lid and spark arrestor it will be a noticeable difference. If you leave lid on and SA in probally not. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That is what I am running. PCIII, high flow intake (Velocity not GYTR) and stock muffler with SA removed I could definately tell a difference.

·
Registered
132 Posts
vermin99 said:
That is what I am running. PCIII, high flow intake (Velocity not GYTR) and stock muffler with SA removed I could definately tell a difference.
i also have Velocity,do you notice any dirt getting through.not sure if it's the filter or
the adaptor.when i remove the filter i take a paper towel and wipe the intake tube and it comes back a very light brown.

·
Registered
314 Posts
as long as your using the prefilter aka outerwears, you should have no problems with dirt getting through. i run the GYT-R intake and have yet to see any sign of anything passing by it.

but to answer your question, yes it is worth it. there are alternative kits like k&n. however, when i compaired the k&n billet adaptor to the GYT-R, there was a very noticable differance in intake diamiter and design. there is a post somewhere with pics of the two side by side. so that kinda made my decision real easy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Get the GYTR you will be very happy ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I get it will I have to re-program the powercommander or not?

(sorry for the dumb questions, I am a two stroke guy, all this fancy EFI and computer controlled stuff confuses me.... )

·
Registered
91 Posts
if you take the lid off you'll want to re-map. if you plan on getting a pipe sometime i would def. get it. the PCIII is very easy to load maps. don't be intimidated. you'll be glad you did it!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
JD700R said:
vermin99 said:
i also have Velocity,do you notice any dirt getting through.not sure if it's the filter or
the adaptor.when i remove the filter i take a paper towel and wipe the intake tube and it comes back a very light brown.
I have only had I chance to clean my filter and I don't recall any dirt in the intake.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The GYTR is a good system, I'd buy a couple of pre-filters. The air filter can also be cleaned and re-oiled with the k&n recharger kit. I have 2 filters so can always be ready to go, it takes a few hours to wash, dry and re-oil them. When I first did my filter system and removed the spark aresster, I used a "two brothers no airlid" map it actually worked quite well, it held me over till the yosh was delivered.

·
Registered
412 Posts
After comparing the available intake adapters I went with the GYTR. It definitely was the best machined piece available and I have had no problems ... GYTR Filter and Pre-Filter as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.