Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have the PC-III powercommander is the GYTR billet intake and the high flow filter worth the $$? I am going to keep the stock pipes on it for now, but I didnt know if the filter was worth putting on with the stock pipes or not. Any advice on the intake?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
If you put the high flow filter/adapter and remove the airbox lid and spark arrestor it will be a noticeable difference. If you leave lid on and SA in probally not. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That is what I am running. PCIII, high flow intake (Velocity not GYTR) and stock muffler with SA removed I could definately tell a difference.

·
Registered
132 Posts
vermin99 said:
That is what I am running. PCIII, high flow intake (Velocity not GYTR) and stock muffler with SA removed I could definately tell a difference.
i also have Velocity,do you notice any dirt getting through.not sure if it's the filter or
the adaptor.when i remove the filter i take a paper towel and wipe the intake tube and it comes back a very light brown.

·
Registered
147 Posts
my gtyr filter and adapter work great no dust in tube when you installed the adapter did you use silicone on the adapter before you put it on the box to help seal it

·
Registered
314 Posts
as long as your using the prefilter aka outerwears, you should have no problems with dirt getting through. i run the GYT-R intake and have yet to see any sign of anything passing by it.

but to answer your question, yes it is worth it. there are alternative kits like k&n. however, when i compaired the k&n billet adaptor to the GYT-R, there was a very noticable differance in intake diamiter and design. there is a post somewhere with pics of the two side by side. so that kinda made my decision real easy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Get the GYTR you will be very happy ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I get it will I have to re-program the powercommander or not?

(sorry for the dumb questions, I am a two stroke guy, all this fancy EFI and computer controlled stuff confuses me.... )

·
Registered
91 Posts
if you take the lid off you'll want to re-map. if you plan on getting a pipe sometime i would def. get it. the PCIII is very easy to load maps. don't be intimidated. you'll be glad you did it!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
JD700R said:
vermin99 said:
i also have Velocity,do you notice any dirt getting through.not sure if it's the filter or
the adaptor.when i remove the filter i take a paper towel and wipe the intake tube and it comes back a very light brown.
I have only had I chance to clean my filter and I don't recall any dirt in the intake.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The GYTR is a good system, I'd buy a couple of pre-filters. The air filter can also be cleaned and re-oiled with the k&n recharger kit. I have 2 filters so can always be ready to go, it takes a few hours to wash, dry and re-oil them. When I first did my filter system and removed the spark aresster, I used a "two brothers no airlid" map it actually worked quite well, it held me over till the yosh was delivered.

·
Registered
412 Posts
After comparing the available intake adapters I went with the GYTR. It definitely was the best machined piece available and I have had no problems ... GYTR Filter and Pre-Filter as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts