Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased new GYTR pipe, air filter and jet kit off of fleabay for $200.
After installing it all. Just wanted to say what a waste the GYTR jet kit was. Here at 1300 ft. elevation i could not use 1 single piece out of that jet kit. The pilot jets were to small and so were the mains. The quad would not even run with the tapered needle no matter what position the clip was on. Finally ended up with a 152.5 main, stock needle shimmed .060 and a 35 pilot. The thing runs great now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My Raptor runs great with the GYT-R jet kit, I'm at 4,500 ft elevation though. I don't see how the GYT-R jet kit won't keep your Raptor running with an exhaust and filter. If it was running with stock jets before mods, it should have ran afterwards. The GYT-R pilot is bigger, maybe you should have backed it out another 1/4 to 1/2 turn. The clip should have been at # 2 or #3 position. The 140 main should have worked. I have heard other people at low elevation having the same problem, some need 150 and some need 160 main jets. Check my sig for mods, and I am still running the GYT-R kit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Raptor runs great with the GYT-R jet kit, I'm at 4,500 ft elevation though. I don't see how the GYT-R jet kit won't keep your Raptor running with an exhaust and filter. If it was running with stock jets before mods, it should have ran afterwards. The GYT-R pilot is bigger, maybe you should have backed it out another 1/4 to 1/2 turn. The clip should have been at # 2 or #3 position. The 140 main should have worked. I have heard other people at low elevation having the same problem, some need 150 and some need 160 main jets. Check my sig for mods, and I am still running the GYT-R kit.
It must have to do with the elevation. I did'nt even try it with any of the stock jetting. I know that with changing the pipe and air filter that it needs to have more fuel. I started with base line recommendations that came with the jet kit.The bike sputtered and backfired which told me that it was not getting enough fuel.This is my sons quad i am very familiar with how to diagnose carb problems to which carb circut needs attention. All I am saying is that the GYTR kit did not work for me. For sale GYTR jet kit.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I was using the GYTR Jet Kit with my setup but it didn't work out too well. I think I would have been able to keep using the 140 main jet, had I been given the adjustable needle, but I didn't have it. Right now I am running 35 pilot jet at 2.5 turns out and a 150 main with a non-adjustable needle. Seems to run pretty good with the jetting I have now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I guess when I change elevation I wil need to re-jet as well.

·
Registered
836 Posts
had I known I was going to have so many issues with jetting I would have just bought a dial-a-jet.. that would have solved all my problems!

·
Registered
197 Posts
anyone running a Keihin 30mm carb? i am haveing a hard time getting it to full throttle...of course I am at like 3,000 feet

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
anyone running a Keihin 30mm carb? i am haveing a hard time getting it to full throttle...of course I am at like 3,000 feet
Is it a CR flat slide? My brother's new Outlaw has one of those on it, just got done taking it off and tearing it down a few minutes ago after he botched the Dial A Jet install and we need to repair/replace the float bowl.

·
Registered
197 Posts
yeah it's a flat side...we are at 3500-4000 feet with the clip on the needle at the highest setting and a 127 main jet and the thing will run awesome on pavement but as soon as you get it on dirt it runs like crap

·
Registered
836 Posts
yeah it's a flat side...we are at 3500-4000 feet with the clip on the needle at the highest setting and a 127 main jet and the thing will run awesome on pavement but as soon as you get it on dirt it runs like crap
yeah, that happens.... when i rip around on the road my Raptor feels like a beast! but when i hit the dirt, it's a whole different ball game and it definitely feels like different tuning is required..

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had to order three different needles...hopefully we can get it tuned right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts