Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going in saturday to buy a rappy for my girlfriend she likes the gytr and se out of them all. what you think is the best? white vs black plastic. mainly a duner.

·
Registered
405 Posts
its up to you, i like the orange and black myself it stands out more. only difference between the two the that the gytr has a bumper and heel guards. they both have the better shocks, so really its up to what you like.

·
Registered
120 Posts
orange /black :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The orange and black is growing on me, I say go for it !! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Oh and as far a white VS black... The black will show every little scratch and look crappy in no time. The white will show grease and mud really bad, but cleans up well. So if you are someone that likes to keep your stuff looking nice then white is the way to go.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had my orange and black for 4-5 weeks now and It does show the scratches. Gytr does have alot more extras that the SE doesn't have. Both are extremely awesome so good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
White is easier to keep looking new. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why not Blue and White SE? That's the badest color out there. :grin_nod:

As for the GYTR having more stuff... its only heal guards and a bumper. That kind of stuff can be had anywhere unless you totally want just the GYTR stuff on your bike.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Im getting my orange/ black SE next week. That color stuck to me the first time I ever saw it.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Chicagoland Atv said:
pile0g00 said:
Yes it can, but for the same price as an SE you get those for free. That is all anyone is saying :crazy:
You're not getting them for free. My buddy and I both bought 07 Raptors mine is a SE and his was the GYTR. He paid more. Even the MSRP is higher.
Most places sell them for the same price OTD you are the first one I have heard where the dealer wanted more for the GYTR, but whatever I don't want to argue about it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I was in the same predicament. I saw the orange/black and fell in love. It looks WAY better in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

The difference in MSRP for the GYTR vs the SE is around $150.

If you can get the GYTR for same money as the SE I wouldn't think twice about it and get the GYTR.

In my case it was slightly more and two of the guys I ride with already had GYTRs which made getting something different that much more attractive.

Two big things convinced me to go with the GYTR over the SE (Black/Orange):

1. Black will show wear / scratches like crazy. At one of the dealers I looked at it was already dulling from people hopping on and off in the showroom!

2. You can't buy a bumper / heel guards for the price difference, let alone the GYTR pieces.

Now... If I had seen the Blue / White SE in person before I bought I'm almost sure I'd have gone that route. I have no regrets though. The GYTR rocks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Chicagoland Atv said:
pile0g00 said:
Yes it can, but for the same price as an SE you get those for free. That is all anyone is saying :crazy:
You're not getting them for free. My buddy and I both bought 07 Raptors mine is a SE and his was the GYTR. He paid more. Even the MSRP is higher.
Most places sell them for the same price OTD you are the first one I have heard where the dealer wanted more for the GYTR, but whatever I don't want to argue about it.
I'm not arguing about it but pointing something out to you.

Why wouldn't a dealer charge more when even the dealer invoice price is higher?

The only thing I can think of is, maybe in your area, they are charging the GYTR price to people who are buying the SE. :3question: By me they actually were lower the price on the SE vs. the GYTR.

When we went to purchase, we had a dealer invoice report we brought in with us, the actual dealer we bought from let us see the dealer invoice pricing on the two machines. Dealer hold back was the same on both machines and was based off 2 or 3%(can remember) of MSRP.

On a side note: New buyers might want to use if they want to know dealer costs. Very useful info when buying new. > http://www.cyclebuy.com/invoice.htm

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have heard about these places to pay and find out what the invoice prices is, but say you know exactly what they paid and what the hold back is. Now how much do you allow them to make on the quad? Seems like it might be less painful just not knowing how much they are making off you, because where I live they don't do much dealing on these things.

I used to do Purchasing for an optical place and some of the frames we bought for $5 would be marked at $150 or more :crazy:

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well guys choices choices, im kinda leaning towards the orange/black se but then again the gytr. girlfriend is leaning towards the gytr so she can put pink plastics on :eek: :eek: :eek: I guess tomorrow morning we all will find out. i will post up when i pick it up.

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well got the new bike today.... She decided for the gytr 8) it was a tuff one for her to decide, like a kid in a candy shop :grin_nod: bikes loaded up ready to hit ol' sand lake up sunday. well see how she breaks it in. ill post some pics tomorrow

1 - 20 of 20 Posts