Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put my skids on I plan to tip the quad up onto the rear grab bar. When I do this do I need to worry about fluids(gas, coolant) leaking out anywhere or oil going somewhere it shouldn't? Any precautions I should take? thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I've had zero problems tipping the Raptor up on it's grab bar to work on it, regardless of how much fuel is in the tank.

Shawn

·
Registered
779 Posts
I put all my GYTR stuff on by putting the bike on car ramps. Roll the bikes rear wheels onto the ramps when you need to put the trailing arm skid on. I had no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Tipped both of mine up two weekends ago to install all the GYT-R goodies. Both had full tanks (full to me is below the filler neck, as shown in the owner's manual diagram) ; neither leaked and having full access allowed me to install the engine plate, A-arm guards and the swingarm guard in less than 10 minutes.
You might want to wrap a towel or something over the rear grab bar first so it doesn't get scratched (if you're worried about that sort of thing).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.