Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved my drain hole clearance hole in my GYTR skid plate today. Piece of cake. Just measure from the front edge of the wrong 2 inch hole, 3 1/4 inches to the center of the location you want to drill. Use a 2 inch hole saw and bang done. I did mine while it was on the raptor!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Yeah.. and charge full price!! :mad: I bought my bike used and it came with a belly pan not installed. I hope the drain hole is on the correct side. :grin_nod: I'm not sure what brand it is!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Crap!! I better check mine, because when I had bought my SE I also had a full set of skids thrown in and i asked them if the oil drain whole was in the right location.....and they said it was. I gotta check this out tomorrow!

·
Registered
779 Posts
2" is a little on the large side, there won't be much meat left on either side of the hole at that point, you really only need to go one or two drill sizes up from the socket O.D. I can take pics of my hole and give you dims if you like.

MK

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will be plenty strong. besides if you go that small i think you will have half the oil run all over the skid plate and not make it through the hole. been there before :)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I checked and I have a AC Racing skid pan and the hole is in the correct place :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I called the 1-800 number for Yamaha that was printed in the owner manual that came with the quad and explained the situation.
They arranged for me to turn in my GYTR skidplate and get a new one with the hole in the correct place.
Gotta love Yamaha. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts