Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sunday with getting a nice dent in the side of my frame I think I need a new skid plate with more side protection. I like the PRM but it dosn't have both wings on the side for protection. Then I was looking at the GYTR one and the ProArmor and they seam to have the most side protection. Which one do you guys think is better? The GYTR is like .16 thick and the ProArmor is like .125 thick. Thanks

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I've had the same GYTR skid now for 4 years. It's holding up really well. It's covered in big scrapes and I've used it as a rock slider a few times with no ill effects. GYTR stuff always seems to fit well too and I like keeping in Yamaha.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there real rocky trails where you ride? Were I'm riding there all over. Some trails are like small boulder fields.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your lucky here the quad gets beat up pretty good.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hey Scott, Here is my pro armor after a few years of beating the hell out of it. From Coal country th the guy who owned it before me used to race XC. I ended up replacing it only because i got a great deal on a new pro armor one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks Jamie.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i love my GYTR skid, it fit and looks awesome on the raptor, i have scrapped pretty good with no movement or bent to the skid.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How dose the gytr one mount up? I know you got the few bolts that go through the frame like normal but how do you clamp the rest to the frame? Have you guys had any problems with it rattling? The one I have now did it real bad before I put rubber on the top of it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanks. Where did you get yours at?

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
^ Stealer ship (Because they agreed to match the lowest price I found)
I don't know where I priced mine at but I love mine. Altho I don't currently use them.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I was worried about that. The only stealership I like is 3 hours away where I got the quad kinda sucks. Hopefully they can help me out.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the offer but I'm good. If your trails are as bad as ours I'm sure you have some good dents and marks in it by now.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
TQSATV can get them for you if I remember correctly, the GYT-R I have on right now have been banged in rocks a gazzillion times and no rattling at all, highly recommend them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.