Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for a while now ive been thinking about some brighter bulbs for my raptor the stocks are pretty bright...but it would be nice to find some nicer "White" or "blue" lights for sale...like in a kit.
any ideas?

·
Registered
105 Posts
HPS - high pressure sodium -- HID - high intensity discharge lights will put out 3 times as many lunens as a halogen of the same watage but blue and purple lights are no good. Your eyes spent millions of years evolvolving to see in sun light. Our suns light color is 3000k to 5000k. If you use bulbs with a color over 5000k your making light your eyes can't see.

I would get a pair of 55 w. HPS. @ 3500k - 4500k, 5000k max if you think it looks cool?, hook them up so 1 is low beem and both come on for high beem.
A 55w HPS has 5 times the lumins as a the stock bulb.

ATV MARTY

·
Registered
299 Posts
35w H6M hid kits on ebay 60-80 bucks, 55w put out more heat and not sure if stock housings can take it

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I use the piaa h6m extreme white bulbs in the stock housing and they are way better than the stockers. But the trailtech hid's are the way to go if you have the money.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the piaa h6m extreme white bulbs in the stock housing and they are way better than the stockers. But the trailtech hid's are the way to go if you have the money.
How much did those cost? and did it need any modifying

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm...Well maybe i will get some anyone gota link to any good cheap ones?

·
Registered
584 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts