Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my knee was feeling better yesterday so i went riding and and had a bad spill at about suppertime-6:30 and i just got home from the hosp. at about 1:30am i hit this jump will put up a pic after but from what my friend bill (the firefighter) told me he said take the air i got in the pic and double it cause he told me i was at the least 35 ft up and went about 80ft before the quad nosedived and landed on the front bumper slamming me face first into the ground and then having the 500lb quad slam onto my back with the rear grab bar im thanking god i put some padding on that now but anyways i have never felt so much pain in my life and i hope to never have to feel it again im never hitting that jump ever again its a deathtrap waitting to happen as it is now the little bones that run from your toes up your foot well 2 of mine are cracked on my right foot so i cant be on that for 2-3 weeks and then i had my pelvis and hip xrayed but it shows everything as ok and far as my back/ spine well we're not sure so as of yet i got my right footthat i cant put weight on and my left leg i cant put weight on or move at this point cause of the pain that runs in my lower back /spine i can move them and i do have feeling but the pain is so much in my back that i just rather not move from the waist down any more then i have to

so anyone that is even gogin to think about hitting big jumps best think of what can happen if it dont go right before they do and think if they can deal with the aftermath

ill be happy to get back out riding next year or soon if i can but it will be along time before i hit any big jumps again

AJ

[attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Wow dude, that really blows. Lately it sounds like you should stay away from quads, heh. Good luck with your recovery, hopefully your back isn't in too bad a shape. Keep us updated and hang in there bro.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dracus said:
Wow dude, that really blows. Lately it sounds like you should stay away from quads, heh. Good luck with your recovery, hopefully your back isn't in too bad a shape. Keep us updated and hang in there bro.
i thought it was funny that afterwards my friend brought his nice new chevy z71 tot he pit to load the bike on and take me home before i go to the hosp. and with a brok foot im the one that had to load the raptor and then i jumped down off the side of the truck he didnt find it so funny and called me a stupid cu*t the dumbass firefighter :p :lol:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well small update on myself its been 2 days and boy when the doc said i was gogin to be sore that was a big time understatement :ripped: all i need is someone to kick me in the nuts and compleate my week its bad when Tylenol 3 with Codeine doesnt do anything for ya at all :( but i can somewat craw/drag my butt around from the pc to the couch to the bathroom and the kitchen thank god they are close together to bad every little movement hurts with intense pain but hopefuly it will be gone in a few days till then hehehehe more time off work but no pay so that sucks and you will have to put up with more of my no nonsence posts but i got a bunch of videos of joebyrds place and if given the ok will post them up sometime aswell as some pics from the ride the other day before i did my butt in on that big jump. anyways im doing good just very very sore and still have to pull my legs a bit to move them but hoping that will get better in in the next week or so till then ill be around folks

AJ

·
GO BLUE!!!
641 Posts
Damn that sucks, I hope you have a fast recovery man

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i didnt get the cuash on tape but this is a photoshop of how i landed

the pic of me on the right side is the right way to come down the pic of me on the left side is how i came down there was no saving it as you can see :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not to make light of your situation, but it sounds like you got off easy!! I have known people to get hurt a lot worse and not even come close to taking a hit like you did! You are one lucky guy!! If it werent for bad luck I'd have no luck at all! My last serious hit put me in the hospital for 8 days( 4 per surgery) and was stuck in cast for a year and a half. Man a hit like that, your lucky you arent all busted up! My hit wasnt even that bad. As far as tylenol and codeine, it wouldnt even start to take the edge off I dont know why they even bother with it! Vicodin or Demoral ( not sure about the spelling on that one) Morphine etc is all that worked on me, sort of, it still hurt just tolerable. You will be sore for quite a while. I hope you get better quick and I am sorry that you went down, I hate to hear stuff like that it SUCKS!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Beaner242 said:
Isnt that a scene out of American Werewolf In London JK Hope you get better soon.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sucks man, my last wreck was on my streetbike about a year back, round 70+ on the eway (trick went wrong).....I know dirt dont feel to much better but road rash sucks balls :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beaner242 said:
Isnt that a scene out of American Werewolf In London JK Hope you get better soon.
its close to winter and im single gotta keep warm some how :thumbsup: :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
looks pretty bad, atleast it's not that swollen.

this one time i was drunk and ran... because someone was chasing me... anyway, i think i ran around a table and when i did i stepped on the side of my foot, like rolled my ankle and it was swollen like a hard on. i can't get my shoe on the next morning. and my ankle and around my toes was all bruised. everyone thought i broke it.

i think the worst part about that is the waiting to get back on the quad. i'd put around the lawn in first gear or something. you know... take the edge off.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well its not enought to stop me from going back to the same pit where i got busted up with a friend and his cr250 to take some pics of him out riding good this i took the tri-pod for the vid came i need it just to walk and stay off the foot it was killing me ill post some of the pics i got later in another post

1 - 16 of 16 Posts