Raptor Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
These babies are fuel injected, I would not recomend ANY throttle on startup. The same principle as starting a car, if it's EFI you don't need to do it. Ergo if it works, then by all means pump on! As for the glowing headers....SWEET :grin_nod: The TFI boxes are basically a matter of opinion, yes you will probally get a wee bit more out of a pclll vs. the dobeck. PClll has to be plugged into a cpu every time you wanna change maps, dobeck has either dials or buttons right on the unit. As much as I want to pack my laptop with sand.... I think I'd rather leave her at home, my own opinion. As always different strokes for different folks. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, I will likely hold the sprocket till I get the exhaust and tuner. I am thinking the Dynojet unit will be my choice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ROBE said:
Im hoping they build the 500 4-stroke Banshee, I cant see them droping the Banshee name.
sorry to say but theyll never ever do that as long as there are 450s and raptors. yamaha is pretty much set on bikes above 450ccs now. no new models will come out for a loooong time. they dont wanna take away from the yfz and raptors market. a 500 would have no place at yamaha

·
Registered
289 Posts
I call :bs: what about the predetor and the outlaw a banshee 500 would draw a bunch of people from the pred and the outlaw market and by the way a 500cc banshee is above 450cc. :confused:

·
Registered
793 Posts
SandDragon said:
These babies are fuel injected, I would not recomend ANY throttle on startup. The same principle as starting a car, if it's EFI you don't need to do it. Ergo if it works, then by all means pump on! As for the glowing headers....SWEET :grin_nod: The TFI boxes are basically a matter of opinion, yes you will probally get a wee bit more out of a pclll vs. the dobeck. PClll has to be plugged into a cpu every time you wanna change maps, dobeck has either dials or buttons right on the unit. As much as I want to pack my laptop with sand.... I think I'd rather leave her at home, my own opinion. As always different strokes for different folks. :thumbsup:
PCIII has same 3 dials as the dobeck. PCIII just has an extra feature that allows you to use laptop to do a custom map. Thats my understanding.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts