Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased some Fly racing grips but they dont come with any glue, and I'd rather not pay $20 for a small bottle. Any easy ways to secure without safety wire? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Hairspray goes on wet and dries sticky. Doesnt work as good as the glue though, obviously

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
I've used "brake clean" as it cleans and contracts the grips. But, the best I found is a small tube of "Honda" brand 'Grip glue' from a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I spit in them, slide them on, let them sit overnight, and have never had one come loose, lol, and Yes, I am serious.
Maybe I'm toxic, I dunno, but it works better than any bs grip glue I ever tried.

On a side note
ODI makes really good grips, and they use a locking collar with an allen head set screw on each end of the grip, and the grip also locks into grooves in each collar.
No glue needed.
ASV is a distributor(possiby the mfg, Idk).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used "brake clean" as it cleans and contracts the grips. But, the best I found is a small tube of "Honda" brand 'Grip glue' from a Honda dealer.
I got some honda grip glue from a parts guy near me, thanks for the suggestion! He said it shouldn't melt like the renthal stuff would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts