Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone out there tell me if they make hand guards that will work with the parking brake still installed. Thanks alot

·
Registered
767 Posts
Powermadd has a bracket to make it work as well as http://www.roxspeedfx.com/ . I just made my own out of a chunk of aluminum similar to the Powermadd fix.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot diddly :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Sweet, I appreciate it man. 8)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
best ones i seen are acerbis, not cuttin/washers to add or any other type mod to still use parking brake,they even have an aluminum frame so when you whack a big branch they dont whack your hands :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Which type of accerbis? and Will these handgaurds for stock bars fit aftermarket bars?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Im sure Cycra Probends would clear the Parking Brake also, i just finished installing hem on mine but i have my Parking Brake removed but there seems like more than enough room for it

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have the PowerMadd handgaurds on mine, complete with the $8 adapter plate for the parking brake. See pics. Sorry for crap pic quality, it was damn as cold that day lol. Note, pic of left side of bar shows brake in ON position. Clamps are installed over the bars rather then under, this way it clears everything. Aligning takes a bit of time, but obviously worth it. The ROX setup is probably a bit nicer, I didn't know about it till after. I'm happy with this though, does the job. Make sure you use a micro torque wrench when tightening everything (see service manual) makes it a much easier install.

MK

Attachments

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
So tiggy, all you did was buy the little relocator bracket and not that ring replacement for the lever? And the parking brake still works? Cause they want like $25 for that stupid little ring thing. :unsure:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes, that was it, just the little piece of aluminum that moves the brake lever forward and angles it up. You can buy it direct from PowerMadd or another supplier, it is a PM product though. The ring from ROX is a bit more trick as it replaces the stock lever. I think that is why it's more expensive. I would have just made it myself but for $8, it was worth the bother. It comes with two screws as well to mount.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Thanks man, you just saved me $25. :thumbsup:

Or I might just make my own.

·
Registered
779 Posts
no problemo, just passing along wisdom I too learned from Diddly!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Which type of accerbis? and Will these handgaurds for stock bars fit aftermarket bars?
look at my avatar, it shows them on there

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
MoMo700R said:
I really like the Acerbis handguards. Does anyone know of the multiplos will fit with the parking break?
yes, i have the acerbis with the aluminum frame and the parking brake works fine, i like my guards and levers straight out from the bars so i took a dremmel and trimmed alittle of the guard so there is no interference from the stock brake lever...works great..they were like 75.00 from the dealer so i'm sure you could mail order them for bout 50 bucks...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Anyone know if it will work with the Rally Pro's? I just ordered a set today and didnt even think about interferance with the parking brake?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
ATC-Crazy said:
Anyone know if it will work with the Rally Pro's? I just ordered a set today and didnt even think about interferance with the parking brake?

those are the ones i got, if you use the stock parking brake mount with this you will need to trim the scallop on the guard unless you pioint them down a bit, i can tell you this.the stock raptor bars are solid so you will be a drillin ass to get the bar ends in,like 3 inches to mount them.. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts