Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just starting to mod my raptor and wanted to know what anyone thinks about the handgaurds. Metal vs. plastic? Brand? Any reccommendations?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I use the CYCRA composite pro-bends. They are a full hand guard for a lot less money than aluminum. They have lot's of hand space and are very resiliant to the woods riding.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I've got the Powermadds on mine, personally I think handguards look ugly on a Raptor but they work well to keep the winter wind off your hands.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Another vote for PowerMadds here, I used Acerbis and had good luck with them also.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Plastic is probably good. I used to run the aluminum on dirtbikes because you can actually hit a tree with the bars on a bike…..if you hit a tree with your bars on a quad than you have bigger problems than pinching your hand. I think on a quad they are more for roost and fending off the elements.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Makes me wish I rode in something other than sand, I imagine those would keep the hands a little warmer in the Glamis dunes.....

·
Registered
429 Posts
They do make a difference in the winter temps up here in MN!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would imagine so, I find that sometimes the cold cuts right through the gloves.....I am going to check into some today

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have to change the levers for the gaurds to fit.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
Do you have to change the levers for the gaurds to fit.
I did not have to with my Banshee, but I have not bought any for the Raptor yet..Most cases you don't..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Diddly said:
I've got the Powermadds on mine, personally I think handguards look ugly on a Raptor but they work well to keep the winter wind off your hands.
Sure looks nice for being ugly. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts