Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i just purchased a bone stock 09 raptor 700 se and now i want to do a few changes starting with the best handle bar:cool:, i dont know what exactly i have to change but i want all my switches and leaver to work the same so i wanted to see what u guys cosider the best handle bar to replace the stock 1..
thanks

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Flexx bars are awesome. I havent tried any other bars though. Lots of different brands, ProTaper, Renthal, and a ton others...

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I've got Pro Taper Contour bars - ATV mid bend with a two inch riser and ODI grips. No alterations to make as everything ends up about the same as OEM bars except they look better and don't rust.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you buy fast flexx bars you can get a trail tech bar clamp that will hold your key barrel.
You don't have to change your steering stem either.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
On mine, I have thye Flexx Bars, ROX Riser for 1-1/8" bars, and a ROX dash, that holds the key, an is awesome! You could get a Dr D. Reverse Locator, and then move the key to the hole in the front fenders.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
On mine, I have thye Flexx Bars, ROX Riser for 1-1/8" bars, and a ROX dash, that holds the key, an is awesome! You could get a Dr D. Reverse Locator, and then move the key to the hole in the front fenders.
Thanks. I have my Flexx bars already, and asked this same question over a week ago. I was thinking Trail Tech was the only clamp that included an ignition hole. Good to know ROX does as well. I had my steering stem inspected, and it is solid. No bends and perfectly straight. I was planning to get a Houser stem, but Trail Tech clamps only work with factory steering stems. Without a Riser, I was thinking ( factory stem + Fasst Flexx bars/15 degree quad bend + Trail Tech clamp) = Shorter bar height than factory.

Do the Rox riser clamps work with factory stems?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Thanks. I have my Flexx bars already, and asked this same question over a week ago. I was thinking Trail Tech was the only clamp that included an ignition hole. Good to know ROX does as well. I had my steering stem inspected, and it is solid. No bends and perfectly straight. I was planning to get a Houser stem, but Trail Tech clamps only work with factory steering stems. Without a Riser, I was thinking ( factory stem + Fasst Flexx bars/15 degree quad bend + Trail Tech clamp) = Shorter bar height than factory.

Do the Rox riser clamps work with factory stems?
They do work with factory stems. 8)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
With the two inch riser, did you have to install or modify longer cables?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that sounds cool, do u have pics of your setup? id love to see what it looks like..;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got Pro Taper Contour bars - ATV mid bend with a two inch riser and ODI grips. No alterations to make as everything ends up about the same as OEM bars except they look better and don't rust.
what is the diff between contour and se pro-taper bars?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
With the two inch riser, did you have to install or modify longer cables?
The kill switch/lights/starter button cluster is pretty tight, not too bad, I have a 1.5" riser, and the 2" ROX, which was cut down to 3/4". Throttle cable is good, and it has +2" brake lines also. I want to get a +1 or +2 stem, and get rid of the 1.5" riser...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts